Cruise control and regenerative braking

senwick rat

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
I have a ZS which was new last August but I have only started using cruise control recently. I have noticed that when the cruise control slows the car, because I am approaching a slower moving vehicle, there doesn’t appear to be any regeneration happening - no green light on the power side of the panel. If I had been slowing by lifting my foot off the accelerator then there would have been some regeneration.

Does this mean that using the cruise control is less energy efficient than manual speed control by the driver?

I leave the car on level 3 regeneration all the time.

bit of both- you’re not getting the benefit of regen, however CC stops you from unnecessary throttle prods to keep your speed up. Intelligent or manual speed assist is also a useful alternative to CC for keeping the speed sensible.

“You do you”, however I keep the regen on 1 for longer motorway / dual carriageway runs & reserve regen 3 for around town & slowing down for roundabouts / coming off motorway junctions.

Upvote 0
No regen on ACC. Or when the battery is too full...I don't feel it kick back in until the charge level drops to somewhere around 97%:

Upvote 0
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom