• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

Customer Checklist On Collection

hamd01

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE SR
I have an MG4 on order, and decided to run a little document detailing the common faults I've seen mentioned, puerly to remind myself to check these when I collect the car.

I hope this is useful to some of you here too, who might be collectiong yours.

MG4 Collection Checklist

If anyone has any items you think should be on there, just mention them here and if appropriate I'll add them

I have an MG4 on order, and decided to run a little document detailing the common faults I've seen mentioned, puerly to remind myself to check these when I collect the car.

I hope this is useful to some of you here too, who might be collectiong yours.

MG4 Collection Checklist

If anyone has any items you think should be on there, just mention them here and if appropriate I'll add them
Some owners have reported excessive noise and rattling of front passenger window when driving.

Thank you. This is a very useful check list. When you say side trims, is that the little bit of black plastic which comes from the windows to the bonnet?

Seeing a similar post on faceache I think the bottom of the doors
I think they mean these...

20220929_153729.jpg

Has anyone got a picture of the side of thir car? The plastic bit at the bottom where the back of the drivers door meets the front of the back door, the gap on mine is quite large

Thanks to Original Poster for setting the list up. I'm scheduled to collect my MG4 Trophy later next week and obviously watching progress of Oil Leak Issues, Software problems and now the build quality issues (undertray and panels as pictured).

On a positive note good to see the Forum community sharing and working together to help resolve and support the problems identified. Hopefully visibility of ALL the issues will help MG get their processes and infrastructure (China and UK) into a much stronger position for manufacture delivery and support.

It's my first full EV car (we have a Hybrid) so learning a lot from the experiences outlined, options to consider from charging to configuration of steering wheel switches!

Fingers crossed the major problems are quickly resolved (overfill? leaking? seals? recall? rebuild? no-loan vehicle? full rejection?), we're all hoping for a smooth purchase and sharing what a great vehicle we've invested in! Fingers firmly crossed - probably toes too at the moment!

Agreed. I can't believe a dealer would allow such an obvious thing to be given to a customer, and I can't believe the owner wouldn't have noticed that when collecting.
That is my car and I can't believe I didn't notice it either when collecting.

The rear trim where you can see the yellow trim fastener can only be seen when you open the gap slightly.
I was checking to see if it was clipped in (as it didn't look like the other side) and noticed it wasn't.
I have tried to push back in but it won't hold, probably a faulty clip so no big deal.
The front is very slightly out of line. I can't see a clip for that one.
But the Dealer is sorting them out when it goes in for the oil leak sorting too.

Would others have noticed it, from the pic below.... Im betting not as they're not that bad until you actual compare them to the other side.
20221014_105526.jpg

The front one is a little more noticeable now I know it's there but again on a quick look you wouldn't probably notice it.
20221014_105904.jpg

It's like when you really clean and polish your car you find stone chips and marks that you didn't know existed before then.
None of us look that closely especially on a brand new car.
The dealer has acknowledged the trims and said they are definitely not right and they will be resolved so that's fine by me.

The second one looks like it's been pushed back. Possibly it's gone over a kerb and caught the trim.
Unless it was driven over a kerb before I collected it !
To be fair there is no damage to the trim other than alignment
Thankfully I took pictures of it in the showroom when I collected it and it is there on those pictures too but I didn't notice at the time as it's only slight
Screenshot_20221014-110709_Gallery.jpg

That is my car and I can't believe I didn't notice it either when collecting.
Didn't mean any offence, obviously the angle of the picture makes all the difference. It's definitely far less obvious in the second picture.

If you don't mind me asking, Cars2? Wakefield or Barnsley?

Didn't mean any offence, obviously the angle of the picture makes all the difference. It's definitely far less obvious in the second picture.

If you don't mind me asking, Cars2? Wakefield or Barnsley?
No offence caused at all mate.
Like I say never noticed it until my mate pointed it out other day.
It was actually Charles Warner Lincoln
Cars2 either branch didn't have any in stock and I dropped on this one in stock and available on auto trader

It is a worry when seeing this. We ordered ours from Cars2 Barnsley and getting nervous whether we have an argument brewing about issues when we pick it up

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 422 79.8%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 70 13.2%
  • No

Votes: 37 7.0%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back