Cyberster at Chorley Group MG

Miles Roberts CG

Prominent Member
MGEVs.com Sponsor
Reaction score
Hi all,

So last night we had our preview event for the MG Cyberster, as part of its UK tour before the Turner Twins drive it around Europe, Middle East, India and on to Shanghai.

It was great to see the Cyberster in the metal, and see for ourselves the fantastic design, build quality, and get a feel for the size of the car (which is always difficult to gauge from photographs).

I've got a couple of videos of the event, and our walkaround/sit inside video which my videographer and marketing department are currently madly editing so that we can get them online by the end of today, hopefully. It was a long day - we didn't leave Chorley until after 10.30pm, and then we were back at 8am this morning to see the Cyberster get back on its journey (off to Stockport today, then Chester).

If anyone has any photos from the night, please feel free to post them in this thread. @Les burrows I've seen your photos on the other thread - great to talk to you and your lovely wife last night.
IMG_20230921_152828.jpg
IMG_20230921_153356.jpg
IMG_20230921_153407.jpg
IMG_20230921_153421.jpg
IMG_20230921_154648.jpg
IMG_20230921_164757.jpg
IMG_20230921_165351.jpg
IMG_20230921_165401.jpg
IMG_20230921_165426.jpg

One thing which I was very pleased about last night was that everyone loved the car. Nobody had a bad word to say about it. Even from the "petrolheads" who weren't yet EV owners.
I spoke to one guy who owns a Mercedes SLR, a Mercedes SLS, a Lamborghini Urus, and a few other rather expensive toys. He said he'd get it, just because he thought that it would be more likely to turn heads (with its fancy electric scissor doors) than anything else under £100,000. He wanted the 540bhp AWD version, mainly for bragging rights down the pub.

This looks great - will hold off on the XPower and see how this looks when it appears on my salary sacrifice scheme.
I wouldn't expect it on salary sacrifice any time soon. They're only bringing a limited number over, and they aren't intending to make it a volume selling vehicle.

Thanks Miles, boot size is a welcome surprise, not tall but deep and reasonable size opening. That's a relief.

Be very curious as to whether the RWD version will offer a frunk, but I think that size boot means it wouldn't matter too much either way.

I wouldn't expect it on salary sacrifice any time soon. They're only bringing a limited number over, and they aren't intending to make it a volume selling vehicle.
Any update on how many they are bringing over?

Yes the good thing on the boot point is that the hood does not fold in to it like many do so roof up or down I pretty sure yo have the same amount of boot space also I noted if the seats are not all the way back there is a little more space there to load small stuff.
My nice as a Merc sports car SLK I think it is and the MG is way way better than that for space.

Yes the good thing on the boot point is that the hood does not fold in to it like many do so roof up or down I pretty sure yo have the same amount of boot space also I noted if the seats are not all the way back there is a little more space there to load small stuff.
My nice as a Merc sports car SLK I think it is and the MG is way way better than that for space.
Thanks Les, yes, I suppose the size of the car doesn't really come across in the pictures, this is no MX5/SLK.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom