DAB/FM radio not working 2023 MG4 Extended range

Mannakin

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 Trophy ER
Anyone else had the same problem or hopefully a solution?

My DAB radio worked fine when i picked the car up a few weeks ago but next day during the journey (the start of a week long holiday in Devon) the radio stopped working.

I've been back to the dealer who seems stumped. The system has been rebooted and factory reset with no luck.

I can change channels, put the volume up and down but no sounds come out the speakers. I get sounds with the car nav, android auto navigation or if i play music via Spotify for instance.

All the volumes on the pull down panel are ok, so it hasn't been muted (at least i dont think so).

My DAB radio worked fine when i picked the car up a few weeks ago but next day during the journey (the start of a week long holiday in Devon) the radio stopped working.

I've been back to the dealer who seems stumped. The system has been rebooted and factory reset with no luck.

I can change channels, put the volume up and down but no sounds come out the speakers. I get sounds with the car nav, android auto navigation or if i play music via Spotify for instance.

All the volumes on the pull down panel are ok, so it hasn't been muted (at least i dont think so).
We've been having similar issues in recent days, never noticed it before. BBC seems to be okay, but DAB D1 & SD1 National is a problem - having said this, likewise been away on holiday last week, so maybe the radio is trying to get a signal outwidth of the current area.

No idea where it is, I'll have a look at that.

At the moment, DAB/FM have no channels and search doesn't find any so it might be that

I had the same issue in Devon this week, but no issues home in the West Midlands? Maybe the local signal has issues in Devon?

Does FM radio work OK?
Yes. But you have to try these.
First try the push button/Toggle on the right hand side of the driving wheel. If that does not work:
Press the Radio app on the screen, if it says radio.
The one that always works is the Voice Command. Press the Voice Command button on the driving wheel and then say ''Play Radio''.

I am hoping the car prog is still learning, and will work better without all this faff.

Took two visits to the dealer to get it fixed, lets hope it stays fixed now!

They had to take the dash apart to get to the module, then unpowered/repowered it followed by a reset of everything. at least i have the latest software now too.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 532 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 90 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 49 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back