DAB +

Paul Mason

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
I usually listen to Classic FM in the car, but recently they have been reporting that they are changing over to DAB + from January. Can our cars receive this? DAB+ has been around since 2016 so would have thought so.

I usually listen to Classic FM in the car, but recently they have been reporting that they are changing over to DAB + from January. Can our cars receive this? DAB+ has been around since 2016 so would have thought so.
Me too. IIRC on the MG website somewhere it stated the MG4 was DAB+, hopefully you are too. I hope the signal strength is up to it as I fid DAB can drop out near the Norfolk coast.

I live in Mid Wales and I've been surprised at how well DAB stands up. I occasionally lose it, for a short while, in some of the deeper, more remote, valleys but not often enough to be annoying. I also occasionally get small phrases repeated. The first couple of times I thought is was editing errors but eventually twigged that it must be momentary losses of signal causing the set to get confused and process the same information twice.

I would assume the radio will still be broadcast on the present DAB system. Like FM is.

Will there be a need to have a DAB+ radio??

I might have answered my own question. According to the Classic FM website: "If you can tune to Capital Dance or Capital XTRA, then your radio is DAB+ ready!"

I can tune in to these, so it must be alright. DAB+ is apparently widely used in Europe; only the UK and a few other countries persist with standard DAB

It'd just be nice if DAB worked properly in the first place. I'm fed up with bubbling mud and the odd second of broadcast stuttering as the set transfers from one repeater to another

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom