Dangerous lane keep assist behavior, list of bugs LR Trophy Oct 2022

With alert mode on low and vibration is definitely worth a go I have not gone back

As OP mentioned previously, the MK1 had a great LKA which would operate on its own. For some reason the Mk2 does not have LKA, it only has LKA as part of MG pilot which is LKA + ACC. So to have the car centred with LKA, you also have to have the speed controlled by ACC.

Emergency lane keeping system is something completely different which steers the car if you wander off to the edge of the lane. It does not attempt to centre the car.

There is a get-around you can use to get LKA on its own. If you double pull the lower lever to get MG pilot, you can then reduce the ACC speed to be at least 10 MPH LESS than your current speed. LKA will now work, you are now in Regen zero (the car will coast) and you can control the speed using the accelerator. Just remember to exit MG pilot when you want to slow down.

As OP mentioned previously, the MK1 had a great LKA which would operate on its own. For some reason the Mk2 does not have LKA, it only has LKA as part of MG pilot which is LKA + ACC. So to have the car centred with LKA, you also have to have the speed controlled by ACC.

Emergency lane keeping system is something completely different which steers the car if you wander off to the edge of the lane. It does not attempt to centre the car.

There is a get-around you can use to get LKA on its own. If you double pull the lower lever to get MG pilot, you can then reduce the ACC speed to be at least 10 MPH LESS than your current speed. LKA will now work, you are now in Regen zero (the car will coast) and you can control the speed using the accelerator. Just remember to exit MG pilot when you want to slow down.
I'm always worried about using Regen zero. First time I charged to 100% I thought I was going to go through my neighbours house. Didn't realise the regen would stop.

When it comes to the point that I am relying on LKA to keep me in the right lane on
a motorway, then I may strongly consider offering up my driving licence to be honest.
Too much reliance on these so called driving aids, is crazy !.
Automatic this and automatic that has made drivers a bit too complacent IMHO !.
Agreed. All this reliance on automation makes for dangerous play. It is to the point in Australia, where insurers are starting to write in exclusions arising from damage caused by cars using automatic driving vis a vis Tesla / Self parking etc

I went on the motorway in my new trophy this week and I really don’t think my Lane assist is working properly. I was indicating to join the motorway, moved in the same direction as I was indicating, and as soon as my wheels went over the lane marking the car tried to steer me the other way. Same thing happened when changing lanes and taking the slip road, despite signalling. Has anyone else had this? I thought it was supposed to deactivate if you cross a lane while indicating?

I also had a scary experience on a dark windy country lane. The car couldn’t see where the road was going and tried to steer me into a ditch.

It should deactivate while indicating. Sounds faulty if it's staying on.
Other than on the motorway and in stop start traffic it's a liability. Switch it off in the settings and just activate it with MG Pilot when you want it.

So I received my LR trophy about 1.5 months ago. The car feels really different than the demo cars from late 2021 or early 2022. First of all the ACC does not use regen braking.
The lane keeps assist is really dangerous. It cannot hold the car in the middle of the lane and erratically swerves side to side.
Other irritating bugs,
Camera failures from time to time. When going to reverse the infotainment system intermittently won't go to the camera view. Car reporting failure of the SOS calling system from time to time. When the radio automatically switches to TA hitting the stop button won't do anything. When clicking the call button on the steering wheel the phone will go to contacts rather than recent calls.
The MG pilot intelligent speed limit settings reset when the car is turned off. When on call you cannot touch anything under the call banner.
The app constantly reports over temperature and charging port overheating.

For those who have the same model from late 21 or early 22. Can you please confirm whether you experience the same issues?
Interesting that you can get the steering wheel call button to do anything at all as the one on the TC seems to be of use only to hang up (although that seems a bit hit and miss as well).

I'm slightly concerned that whilst the infotainment system does seem to be much less laggy, they've gone backwards in other stuff that worked alright on the gen 1. If it ain't broke...

Anyone else feel the same or am I just not using it correctly?

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom