DASH CAM

I don't leave the car anywhere that would cause me concern but if I did, the beauty of the Nextbase is it comes with a magnetic mount so temporarily removing and replacing it is literally a 5 second job.
The camera (any camera for that matter) is very visible because of the non tinted screen. When the same camera is in my Focus, you can't see it at all.
So you could just always take it with you each time you leave the car

Thanks for the information being not very happy taking cars apart may go for a fitted unit.
Fitting is fairly straightforward if you're going for a supply off the fuse box. There's a massive amount of space behind the glove box to work in. If you're going for the top of the windscreen to mount it (I fitted mine to the passenger side to keep it out of my eye line at night), there's only the one A pillar cover to pop off and on, and the cable can be pushed up above the headlining with no real effort.

From the lighter socket, just feed the cable up behind the centre panel first, and carry on from there.

Hi I have the Nextbase 322gw installed in my ZS with a rearview camera fitted on the rear screen. I did the install myself very easily done in a little over an hour including the hardwire into the fuse box. I had the dash camera fitted in my previous car and have not had any problems. It is a small compact unit with excellent sticky pads for securing to the front and rear screens.

That's a change in policy ! is it just the Leeds area ? I'm in central Scotland and had no problem whatsoever
I don't have any facts as to policy, just what I was told in one store a large Halfords Autocentre in Leeds.

Out of curiosity I did also go to another Halfords just the other day as I was passing, not an Autocentre just a normal store that does fitting. Their reply was even better. Apparently they would be willing to have a try but have trouble with EVs as all the fuses are permanently live. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

I think this is enough for me not to use Halfords.

Reticence would be justified on the MG5 because the fuses are damn difficult to get to!

I don't have any facts as to policy, just what I was told in one store a large Halfords Autocentre in Leeds.

Out of curiosity I did also go to another Halfords just the other day as I was passing, not an Autocentre just a normal store that does fitting. Their reply was even better. Apparently they would be willing to have a try but have trouble with EVs as all the fuses are permanently live. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

I think this is enough for me not to use Halfords.
agreed - but strange as I had no problem or had any advice/indication from the fitter that fuses would be a problem !

I had a Nextbase 522GW which I fitted to my ZS. I then removed it and fitted to my Soul. It was hardwired into the ZS, but the fuses are a different size in the Soul, even smaller! So it is just plugged into the 12V socket, but all the cables are hidden. I also have the rear camera too. Not had any issues so far in 21 months. (Just to balance out those that had problems with Nextbase). I don’t use Alexa and yes the high res videos take a while to download to a phone, but I usually take the card out and download straight onto my Mac. I had many more issues with Blackvue cameras prior to the DR750S-2CH setup I had in my Leaf prior to the ZS. I’ve had about 5 Blackvue cameras over the years. They are more discrete.

I just adde my dashcam, let me know what you think.

I have a Nextbase 322GW. All works fine, nice clear video,no problem downloading it. Had it fitted by Halfords cost £20 which includes the hardwire kit.
Halford fitted a camera to a Bev vehicle I am surprised as the company policy is to not fit to Bev Hev or phev this information was obtained first nov2019 September 2020 dec 2021 and Feb 2022. So you where lucky that some did not know Halford policy.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom