DashCam suggestions

Hate to disagree but they fitted mine and recently they gave me a price to unfit and refit into my new MG5 (when I get it)!
Your not disagreeing with me, but with a screen grab from their website.

Maybe you might want to ask them to clarify in case you have an electrical problem down the line not covered by any warranties.

Hopefully it is something they now do but haven't subsequently updated their website.

If it were me I'd want clarification.

Your not disagreeing with me, but with a screen grab from their website.

Maybe you might want to ask them to clarify in case you have an electrical problem down the line not covered by any warranties.

Hopefully it is something they now do but haven't subsequently updated their website.

If it were me I'd want clarification.
Their corporate stance is no work on EV or hybrids. Individual staff might decide to ignore it but I don't know where you'd personally stand if they got injured or broke something.

could it be a different geographical policy ?
from Halfords website...

Garmin Dash Cam Mini 2 with 16GB Micro SD Card
rating-4_4.gif

(54)
397 views today
  • Resolution: 1080p
  • Viewing Angle : 140°
  • Live view footage when Wi-Fi enabled
Spread the cost From £4.97 per month
£99.99
+
we Fit from £50.00

View details

PRICE MATCHED
Nextbase

Nextbase 522GW Front & Rear Dash Cam Bundle

View details

Kenwood

Kenwood CA-DR100 Hardwired Fitting Kit for DRV-830 & DRV-430 Dash Cams

BlackVue DR900X-2CH (32GB)

+
we Fit from £70.00

View details

BlackVue

BlackVue DR750-2CH LTE 4G Cloud-Connected Front/Rear Dash Cam with 32GB microSD Card & Vodafone V-Sim

View details

Kenwood

Kenwood CA-DR150 Hardwired Fitting Kit for DRV-330 Dash Cam

Autoleads Blade Add-A-Fuse
rating-4_7.gif

(14)

£8.00

Nextbase 320XR+ Front and Rear Dash Cam Bundle with 32GB SD Card

from Halfords website...

Garmin Dash Cam Mini 2 with 16GB Micro SD Card
rating-4_4.gif

(54)
397 views today
  • Resolution: 1080p
  • Viewing Angle : 140°
  • Live view footage when Wi-Fi enabled
Spread the cost From £4.97 per month
£99.99
+
we Fit from £50.00

View details

PRICE MATCHED
Nextbase

Nextbase 522GW Front & Rear Dash Cam Bundle

View details

Kenwood

Kenwood CA-DR100 Hardwired Fitting Kit for DRV-830 & DRV-430 Dash Cams

BlackVue DR900X-2CH (32GB)

+
we Fit from £70.00

View details

BlackVue

BlackVue DR750-2CH LTE 4G Cloud-Connected Front/Rear Dash Cam with 32GB microSD Card & Vodafone V-Sim

View details

Kenwood

Kenwood CA-DR150 Hardwired Fitting Kit for DRV-330 Dash Cam

Autoleads Blade Add-A-Fuse
rating-4_7.gif

(14)

£8.00

Nextbase 320XR+ Front and Rear Dash Cam Bundle with 32GB SD Card
Looks to me like you are fully covered by the Consumer Protection Act as I would expect from a member of your standing. Well done Les and thanks for sharing.

I've gone for the Viofo A129 Duo Pro - just waiting for it to arrive. It has good reviews. I've gone off my Next base after about 3 years of tiresome downloading, and it has failed to record properly.

I've gone for the Viofo A129 Duo Pro - just waiting for it to arrive. It has good reviews. I've gone off my Next base after about 3 years of tiresome downloading, and it has failed to record properly.
What did you think of it? I had it on my shortlist, and now it's dropped to £176 on an Amazon lightning deal :unsure:

Edit: Bit the bullet and ordered it in the end. Took advantage of the Amazon top-up offer for an extra £9, so paid £167. Now I just need the car 😅

Last edited:
What did you think of it? I had it on my shortlist, and now it's dropped to £176 on an Amazon lightning deal :unsure:

Edit: Bit the bullet and ordered it in the end. Took advantage of the Amazon top-up offer for an extra £9, so paid £167. Now I just need the car 😅
I am also interested in how well this performs and whether it is "true 4k" as I have tried "4k" products online before and they may as well had a sensor made from potato peelings it was that bad.

EDIT: Just looked it up, the sensor would need to be 8.3MP for it to be 4k... so either that bit is wrong, or the resolution is not correct on it lol. Might be just me being picky but once bitten yada yada yada.

The price has gone back up as the 4k dual camera is back up to over 200 quid again

Last edited:
I am also interested in how well this performs and whether it is "true 4k" as I have tried "4k" products online before and they may as well had a sensor made from potato peelings it was that bad.

EDIT: Just looked it up, the sensor would need to be 8.3MP for it to be 4k... so either that bit is wrong, or the resolution is not correct on it lol. Might be just me being picky but once bitten yada yada yada.

The price has gone back up as the 4k dual camera is back up to over 200 quid again
Would've paid full price for it had my car already been here to fit, but this was the best I've seen it for since I've had it on alert. I understood this to be true 4k based on the spec of the front sensor. The Pro Duo is discussed at around 2 minutes in here:

For anyone maybe thinking of this one, Tom fitted it on his mk1 ZS. Some example footage at about 01:11 on this vid:

And a bit of an older side-by-side vs pricier options, but still interesting. I'm sure I posted this before, but can't remember 😖:

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom