Dashcam

We paid the dealer to fit a front a rear dashcam for us and they sent a dude out a few days after we took delivery of the car to fit them for about £200 iirc.
Is this for your MG4?

Would love one too once I have mine. Would love one with parking mode.

Which rear camera will you be going for? I'm considering getting one fitted for mine when it arrives at the end of the year (hopefully)
I have bought 2x next base 300w from Aldi on line they were cheapest , these are not the big screen next base which I am not a fan of, if you leave the screen on you leave yourself open to a fine having an active moving screen that can distract the driver, my preferred choice was a Black Vue as I have always had these but they have become expensive and generally go to cloud storage.

Well I thought I had finished fitting my dash camera today, but I’m be just learnt that F4 which is empty ( for what would be the heated steering wheel, but my SE model doesn’t have ) is a permanent live ( it much go though a ignition switched relay at some point after this fuse, the manual doesn’t show what the relays are used for )

Anyhow if you all want to fit your dash cameras you will need this bizzare piggy back connector - 1 Set MICRO3 PIGGY BACK BLADE FUSE HOLDER TAP 12V WITH 10A FUSE | eBay

It’s the first time I’ve ever come across fuses like this, I believe it will be the new standard for cars as it’s very compact, they are called “Micro3” fuses and each “fuse” is actually 2 fuses in 1 and able to supply 2 separate circuits ( normally rated to the same amperage )

I’ll pop up the rest of my pictures on how to hardwire a dash camera once this micro3 piggy back arrives and I add it to my dash camera wiring.
Hi Dan, I have my piggyback now and wondered did the F4 empty fuse work for you in the end? If not which one did you go for?

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I plug mine into a USB powerbank hidden under the passenger side dash area with Velcro stickers. It will operate for a good 24 hours including full parking mode before switching powerbanks next trip.

Hi Dan, I have my piggyback now and wondered did the F4 empty fuse work for you in the end? If not which one did you go for?
Good evening Chris,

Apologies I can’t remember for the life of me what fuse slot I ended up using, but I did indeed get it working out it should.

Another user mentions there are a few people who bothered to make a video, so follow their advise and good luck 👍🏻

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 543 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 91 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 51 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back