Daylight Running Lamps stay on

sades

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 Trophy LR
Hi All,
I've had a great time with my MY23 MG4 Luxury so far. But today it suddenly leaves Daylight Running Lamps on when closing the doors. I fear that they may drain the 12V battery? This has never happened since I got the car three months ago. Is there any way to shut down those Daylights?

Hi All,
I've had a great time with my MY23 MG4 Luxury so far. But today it suddenly leaves Daylight Running Lamps on when closing the doors. I fear that they may drain the 12V battery? This has never happened since I got the car three months ago. Is there any way to shut down those Daylights?
Depends on your settings. Have you touched the little switch that controls your lights by accident?

Are you locking the car?
They shouldn't stay on if you lock the car.
You can also shut down the cars electrics from inside.
Press car symbol.
Safety.
Power off.

Could be a glitch, 1st time ever 18 months in / 20000 miles in, my lights decided to switch off (from default auto) - no issues just moved the switch off and back, and was back up again.

Depends on your settings. Have you touched the little switch that controls your lights by accident?
Yeah, you might have accidentally (I’ve done it myself) switched the lights to position 2 on the master light switch, although the car should let you know if you’ve done this by making a sound.
IMG_6955.png
IMG_6956.png

Hi, Thanks all. Good advice. I've gone all those things through a couple of times. It didn't help to shut down the power. I allways lock the car when I leave it. I disable the follow me and welcome lights function. The daytime lights have been all night; 12 hours. I connected the car to charger and left the hood released from the lock in case of 12V battery drainage. I wondered if I should simply boot the system by undoing the 12V battery. What are the precautions before disconnecting the battery?

Hi, Thanks all. Good advice. I've gone all those things through a couple of times. It didn't help to shut down the power. I allways lock the car when I leave it. I disable the follow me and welcome lights function. The daytime lights have been all night; 12 hours. I connected the car to charger and left the hood released from the lock in case of 12V battery drainage. I wondered if I should simply boot the system by undoing the 12V battery. What are the precautions before disconnecting the battery?

Make sure your steering wheel is dead ahead before you disconnect.

When you re connect ALL the warnings for every system will go off.
Don't panic.

It will ask you to initialise all the windows.

One at a time, open the windows.
Go down in one go.
Then put it back up.
It will stop 3 or 4 times.
Don't worry, just keep going til it is closed.

Turn the steering wheel all the way left, then all the way right.

When you come back to center, all your warning lights will go off.
Job done.

You will have to do all your favourite settings and wifi, virtual sub woofer etc.

Last edited:

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 505 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 86 13.5%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel