Dealer Recall Software Update

NiroMG

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE SR
I'm taking my car in today for a software update due to a recall. The dealership wouldn't comment on what, but when I mentioned LKAS they said "no comment"

What other upgrades and updates are available on "request only" once it's there anyway.

Just to clarify: MG4 Trophy

I only bought mine in June
Has left me scratching my head but maybe someone can enlighten me
If it's a major safety issue, then the manufacturer has to inform the government and recall all affected cars immediately.
If it's not safety related but a "quality of life" thing instead, then I guess MG only tell the dealers about it.

On the other hand, maybe your particular dealer is just being good at their job.

A recall will have an RC reference - RC008 was the one for the locked in issue.

SB = Service Bulletin
TB = Technical Bulletin (which often accompanies an SB).

My dealer have been chasing me for months to go in for the recall update - presumably the locked in problem, I had another voicemail yesterday to say I need to go in for 3 updates/recalls. I might finally get around to taking it in then :D

My dealer have been chasing me for months to go in for the recall update - presumably the locked in problem, I had another voicemail yesterday to say I need to go in for 3 updates/recalls. I might finally get around to taking it in then :D
Find out. My dealer offers collection and delivery

I went into the dealer about the undertray issue and they said a software of the battery management system was to be applied. The car was in on 31st July. I have no idea what this did, the car was fine before and fine afterwards. But, about this time a couple of people who had the "Bowfer" power restriction problem had a software update and reported that the problem seemed to be fixed.

I seldom use the LKA but my impression is that this is no different post-update. Which is to be expected, as that wouldn't be a battery management issue. There's a possibility a software fix for the restricted power/speed issue has been achieved and they're applying it to all cars, even those where the problem has not been seen.

Last edited:
I think the BMS update is to make the car work with more chargers, as it has problems with several fast chargers.

That was a theory at the time, but mine was OK before the update and still OK after. I took it to visit three different brands of rapid charger afterwards just to be sure.

I went into the dealer about the undertray issue and they said a software of the battery management system was to be applied. The car was in on 31st July. I have no idea what this did, the car was fine before and fine afterwards. But, about this time a couple of people who had the "Bowfer" power restriction problem had a software update and reported that the problem seemed to be fixed.
This is a bowser ;)

Bowser_Stock_Art_2021.png

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 504 79.1%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 86 13.5%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums