Definitive List of Differences between MG4 SE’s Long and Standard and Trophy’s

Simler51

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE SR
Apart from the SatNav and 360 degree rear parking camera and I’m sure other subtle differences.
The asterisk just says either optional or only equipped some vehicles.
Optional implies you could upgrade somewhere along the line.
This is very grey area as some threads just say my model does not have it so it is not a problem.
Is there somewhere a ‘yes it has list - no it hasn’t’?
This may give new buyers a better breakdown before committing.

MG UK website? If an item is listed as Trophy then the SE doesn't have it.

There are no (current) options for the MG4 in the UK (apart from model type [SE SR, SE LR, Trophy] and paint colour).

MG UK website? If an item is listed as Trophy then the SE doesn't have it.

There are no (current) options for the MG4 in the UK (apart from model type [SE SR, SE LR, Trophy] and paint colour).
Thanks siteguru having the hard copy manual which I think gives people the nuts and bolts of the car and obviously we are all reading every inch of the thing, you do wonder if features are sometimes more is less.

This shows all the official comparisons
Thanks did look at brochure before putting order in and the comparisons do show a lot of the features. I have gone for Standard MG4 short range and after reading threads, there seems to be more ‘I’m glad I don’t have that on my model’ opposed to ‘I’m glad that’s on mine’.

Apart from the SatNav and 360 degree rear parking camera and I’m sure other subtle differences.
The asterisk just says either optional or only equipped some vehicles.
Optional implies you could upgrade somewhere along the line.
This is very grey area as some threads just say my model does not have it so it is not a problem.
Is there somewhere a ‘yes it has list - no it hasn’t’?
This may give new buyers a better breakdown before committing.

Thats my take on it also, it wouldn't suprise me if the motor is the same on both - just mapped differently on the SE for the LFP battery, giving the lower bhp figures.

It’s faster 0-60 too.
Real world performance is more important than these standard metrics though. 30-60 mph for instance might be more important and we don't have that figure but I would expect the more powerful LR to win that one even though it weighs more.

Anecdotally the LR rapid charges much quicker than the SR even though there isn't much difference on paper.

Both batteries and motors would be more than ample for most users most of the time though.

Thanks @Tig170 . I don't think we should get hang up on what are pretty minor differences but you have confirmed my logical expectation in that for real world driving the SR will not perform better than the LR despite what the quoted 0-60 times might suggest.

That 0.2sec makes all the difference when you’re off to Tesco.
Cheapskates that buy the SR will probably shop at Lidl. LR drivers likely shop at Waitrose;)

I agree, the differences are negligible. I only mentioned it because you suggested that the SR performed better when that is not the case in the real world. Better to have the performance for making safe overtakes than for the traffic light grand prix.

Cheapskates that buy the SR will probably shop at Lidl. LR drivers likely shop at Waitrose;)

I agree, the differences are negligible. I only mentioned it because you suggested that the SR performed better when that is not the case in the real world. Better to have the performance for making safe overtakes than for the traffic light grand prix.
Do they still have free chargers at Lidl?😜

My local Aldi has just installed chargers ... I can't see any way of interacting with them (other than plugging in) so I can only assume they're free - for now anyway. :)

(There's a 90 minute limit in the car park, "managed" by Parking Eye ANPR cameras).

My local Aldi has just installed chargers ... I can't see any way of interacting with them (other than plugging in) so I can only assume they're free - for now anyway. :)

(There's a 90 minute limit in the car park, "managed" by Parking Eye ANPR cameras).
I tried to use charges in a local Aldi but couldn't get them to start. There has been a discussion about them on SpeakEV if that helps.

Later I called my local Aldi to ask about the charging arrangements. When I got through I asked "Is that the local Aldi?" The young girl on the other end answered "Dunno, depends where you are calling from....."

I tried to use charges in a local Aldi but couldn't get them to start. There has been a discussion about them on SpeakEV if that helps.

Later I called my local Aldi to ask about the charging arrangements. When I got through I asked "Is that the local Aldi?" The young girl on the other end answered "Dunno, depends where you are calling from....."
Get her on the forum. Or the MG customer service desk…

She does make a valid point though

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 543 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 91 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 51 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel