Delay in System Ready

suzilittle

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE SR
Hi. Since the hot weather has arrived it seems to take about 3 - 5 mins to tell me that the 'sytem is ready'. and won't unlock the steering wheel and will only stay in 'P'. Is anyone else having this problem. Thanks in advance.

No. I've had the infotainment screen take its own sweet time to fire up from time to time, but even when it does that I can drive off. (Can't disable LKA etc, can't choose radio station or whatever, but I can certainly put it in drive and drive off.)

Sounds like a fault that needs seen to.

Hi. Since the hot weather has arrived it seems to take about 3 - 5 mins to tell me that the 'sytem is ready'. and won't unlock the steering wheel and will only stay in 'P'. Is anyone else having this problem. Thanks in advance.
Dealer... sorry - it shouldn't be doing that

I'm the same re @Rolfe - I can often be like - oh come on info screen ... (Yawn).. Press the home icon for 5-8 seconds and boom back up it comes - But yeah I've driven off etc...
No. I've had the infotainment screen take its own sweet time to fire up from time to time, but even when it does that I can drive off. (Can't disable LKA etc, can't choose radio station or whatever, but I can certainly put it in drive and drive off.)

Sounds like a fault that needs seen to.

I even had it the other day where it was all 'up and running' and I though Oo I want to turn the volume up - NOPE.... then I found that the Info system was on a Buggy not working if you press that but ok if you pressed this - So another Home button reboot and it was all fine 'again'

I'm currently happy to wait for its first service (In December) - Hoping that by that stage a few Newer 'updates' will be available .. Maybe even remote pre heat when charging cable is still connected will have been released by that stage lol - Well I can dream eh ?!

I've never actually had to re-boot the home screen at all. Apart from occasionally not firing up instantly, everything always works.

Quite often when I first start the car in the garage it seems slow and I just ignore the infotainment screen because all I want to do is drive out of the garage then get out and close the garage door and get my things together. It lets me do that no problem, without even making me put my seat belt on. When I'm ready to start the actual journey I wait till it's all booted up so I can kill LKA and the speed limit recognition, and set the HVAC to how I want it, and choose my audio source. Sometimes it's all fast, sometimes it takes longer, but I think only once it didn't come on at all. Or not that I saw. I just drove the car across the road and parked about 50 yards away (which is what I was going to do anyway) with the screen blank, and when I went back to fetch it, all was normal.

What I have no seen at all lately is "auto-hold fault". I got that a lot in my first week or two with the car and I thought it was related to turning things on too quickly or in the wrong order. But now, no matter how slap-dash I am, it doesn't happen.

Also, my iSmart app refused to work today too. Wonder if it’s symptomatic of a heat issue, or just server side there’s a problem?
IMG_3552.png

Mine worked this morning and it's bloody baking here. I mean, they sell these cars in seriously hot countries, I don't see how we can blame the sort of heat we're having here. One of the forum members is a taxi driver in Malta!

What I have no seen at all lately is "auto-hold fault". I got that a lot in my first week or two with the car and I thought it was related to turning things on too quickly or in the wrong order. But now, no matter how slap-dash I am, it doesn't happen.
Seen this more too. Seems related to the slow startup. Maybe caused by a race condition between the different modules and the car management system?

Also, my iSmart app refused to work today too. Wonder if it’s symptomatic of a heat issue, or just server side there’s a problem?View attachment 18273
This can be a common occurrence in the App.
Server problem I suspect.
You can try running the health check twice before you request a command.
I sometimes notice on the ZS EV ismart App, if I run the the health check once, it will leave the sun roof and interior temp status with completely blank fields.
Run it the second time and it populates the fields correctly.
When the App was first released, it would display both of the front side window status.
This became very unstable and would report incorrect results.
It was removed from the menu and has never returned !.

I sometimes notice on the ZS EV ismart App, if I run the the health check once, it will leave the sun roof and interior temp status with completely blank fields.
When the App was first released, it would display both of the front side window status.
Couldn’t get it to work at all. Was mildly irritated as I had to go out and wanted to cool the car down before I did.

Started up fine this time, nice and quick on the main screen and no auto hold messages, and lo and behold, the app now works.

Couldn’t get it to work at all. Was mildly irritated as I had to go out and wanted to cool the car down before I did.

Started up fine this time, nice and quick on the main screen and no auto hold messages, and lo and behold, the app now works.
Other owners have reported the App failing for a complete day, then suddenly it just returns to normal like magic 🤣.
I have seen this happen myself.
It tends to drop out just at the time you really need it, which can be very frustrating.

I often have to run the health check by pressing Vehicle Status before I get any information in the app. It most times then works but does sometimes need a second press to fully populate the info.

I often have to run the health check by pressing Vehicle Status before I get any information in the app. It most times then works but does sometimes need a second press to fully populate the info.
Yep, I’ve encountered that too, or a quick force closed of the app, but this was different today, and it just would not work. Am not overly worried, just am intrigued as to why (cos I’m a bit dull like that 😁)

And it’s working remotely again 👍 Nice to get into a cool car. Never had this feature in any other car and don’t know how I manage red without it 😆View attachment 18275
Brilliant !.
Maybe we should call it the “Australian App” because sometimes likes to go walk about, then suddenly returns again !.

The app's not working for me today ... and I've just been out for a short trip in the car! 🙄

Edit: I've even tried deleting app cache and then user data (so I had to login again) but still no response. Oh well - I'm sure it'll come back at some point.

My App is down also 🤣.
My car has not moved for two days ( which is pretty rare ) but I have noticed, that sometimes it appears to fall into a deep sleep and will fail communicate with the car, until I wake it up again by using it !.
No of this has any factual foundation of course, pure guess work on my part folks.

This smacks of capacity management. The more they sell the more capacity and resilience they need to add to their serving infrastructure back-end.
However there are variables in play, ISP, mobile data provider, mobile in use, car status.

Seems out of our control if variables are working as expected.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 520 79.1%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 89 13.5%
  • No

Votes: 48 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back