Different battery mode, any idea?

maverickz

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE SR
Just notice in the battery management screew on ismart, one shows health mode and one shows long-trip mode.
Any idea how to switch in between?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221205_201803_com.saicmotor.iov.europe.jpg
    Screenshot_20221205_201803_com.saicmotor.iov.europe.jpg
    106.4 KB · Views: 148
  • Screenshot_20221205_201758_com.saicmotor.iov.europe.jpg
    Screenshot_20221205_201758_com.saicmotor.iov.europe.jpg
    117.4 KB · Views: 151
Last edited:
Just notice in the battery management screew on ismart, one shows health mode and one shows long-trip mode.
Any diae how to switch in between?
Do you have a LR? It only works on those by touching the arrows below the battery.

Previously my app showed the target arrow (even though I have an SE SR) but now it doesn't and the only mode is Long-trip (100% target).

Previously my app showed the target arrow (even though I have an SE SR) but now it doesn't and the only mode is Long-trip (100% target).
That's what i remembered, I believe I have see that and I reduced it to 80%.
Internesting enough, today when I charge the car use the 3 pin, it seems only want to charge to 80% rather than 100%.

That's what i remembered, I believe I have see that and I reduced it to 80%.
Internesting enough, today when I charge the car use the 3 pin, it seems only want to charge to 80% rather than 100%.
My solar/battery system is limited to 5kW so if I want to suck up some excess solar, I use the 3 pin cable. I normally charge to 80% and to harvest the excess, I have to set the car target charge to 100% otherwise it stops at 80%. It doesn't automatically change.
At night my batteries are set to forced charge so all the night time car charging comes from the main electricity supply which can charge at 7kW. Day time it upsets my solar battery system causing it to switch off and on constantly hence using the granny charger to keep below 5kW. There may be a problem with it but for now I can work round it. Not much sun around att.

My solar/battery system is limited to 5kW so if I want to suck up some excess solar, I use the 3 pin cable. I normally charge to 80% and to harvest the excess, I have to set the car target charge to 100% otherwise it stops at 80%. It doesn't automatically change.
At night my batteries are set to forced charge so all the night time car charging comes from the main electricity supply which can charge at 7kW. Day time it upsets my solar battery system causing it to switch off and on constantly hence using the granny charger to keep below 5kW. There may be a problem with it but for now I can work round it. Not much sun around att.
Thanks for the reply, the car is with dealer for the oil leaking and undertray issue. I'll try when I have the car back.

I keep getting the same. If you unbind the app from the car and rebind the option comes back but it's flakey as hell...

You're not meant to have the option to stop the charge at 80% (or indeed anywhere below 100%) in the SR (LFP battery) cars. At one point it existed (before I got my car) because MG gave the same software in the app to everyone. However they removed that facility for the LFP-battery cars, because it's best for the LFP battery to let it charge to 100% and balance. There is no benefit to stopping it at 80%, and if you do that it won't balance, and that's not good for it.

You won't do your LFP battery any significant harm by letting it go to 100% every time. It has a very different chemistry from the NMC batteries, to which the advice to stay between 20% and 80% applies. Don't worry about it. Enjoy the simplicity and the extra range.

I get, lfp doesn't cary the same degradation as NMC chemistry... I just won't get regeneration and end up braking and wasting momentum , my journey to work is quite hilly and want to maximise the energy potential 😂

Battery balance is one I'm not aware of, any reading links / youtube you can recommend?

Regeneration starts to kick in quite quickly though. And your brakes can do with occasional exercise!

I don't have a quick reference about battery balancing, but no doubt others will come in soon with explanations!

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 507 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 86 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back