Disappointed after first test drive - please help

I find the seats very comfy but they do make my back sweat a little with being a plastic leather type material, i would love lumber support, a heated steering wheel and a dimming rear view mirror then it would be perfect... oh and tinted windows, then it would be perfect
Tinted windows and dimming rear view mirror are inexpensive fixes;

Lumbar support should be a relatively simple fix as well, cushion anyone or a beaded cover.

Heated steering wheel would be nice 🤔

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I have also not been to happy about the seat. It' feels okey, but something was not right. After a while I now understand what it is that makes it a uncomfortable to me. It is the hight of the centerconsole. I seem to like to have a little odd handpositioning on the steering wheel. Left hand 10-11 o'clock and the right hand in the 5-6 o'clock with the arm resting on my leg. But the high console pushes my arm more inwards then I have had before. So to me a lower centerconsole would be Nice. But I live with it now that I now what it is, cause the car is a great car👍.
About window tinting, I have ALL 8 windows done professionally for around 600£

Yeah, I think the high center console made me feel a bit claustrophobic. The seats are also very close to it, and in some positions actually touching it. Seemed very awkward.

Hi,
I just had my first test drive in the MG ZS EV.
One of the things I noticed immediately is that the front seats are pretty narrow, and also a bit short (not much support for my lower thighs).
After sitting in the driver's seat, it felt pretty cramped. I felt as if I'm sitting "on" the seat, and not "in" the seat...
That first (uncomfortable) experience pretty much made the rest of the drive kind of bland.

Well OK, I am a "wide" fellow, but not that much that I would feel uncomfortable in a super-mini (like the Peugeot 208 I drive daily, or the Corsa-e I tested just before the MG).

I tried lowering the seat a bit to see if it helps somehow, but it just made things worse.
The seats outer perimeter was poking into my thighs.

In short, I had expected a more roomy experience in the front seats (checked the passenger's seat too, same problem). It all felt a bit claustrophobic to me, especially for an SUV.

Anyone else got the same impressions, or have done something that improved the seating?

Discomfort is something I can't forgive the car for.
Other than that the car performed really nicely, it has a nice punch to the acceleration when you floor it. The suspension is on the soft side, but I didn't notice too much body roll during cornering. I know we have had some discussion here about the suspension.

BTW, the Corsa-e is a nice car too. Maybe soon I will post my impressions of the two cars, and why testing both of them just made it harder to decide which one to get (yes, even though they are in totally different segments, I'll explain when I get to writing that post).
I am a 6' 4", 20 stone man. I have drove over 2000 mile in my mg....no problems

I found the small lumbar cushion a bit intrusive at first but it has softened up now and the seat is very comfortable.
I find the seats in most new cars are a bit firm at first but they soon soften up with my 17 stone bouncing on them.
That’s interesting. Do you have lumbar support? It’s one area that i find I miss - lower back lumbar support. I think that it should really be standard on all new cars by now.

That’s interesting. Do you have lumbar support? It’s one area that i find I miss - lower back lumbar support. I think that it should really be standard on all new cars by now.
Not lumbar support as in a large cushion, it's just a small bolster at the bottom of the seat back, probably 2" high, looks like it was put there to fill the gap between the bottom of the seat back and the seat base, that stuck out a bit at first.
I've always struggled to get comfy with any sort of lumbar support on cars, I have it on the Prius and always have it wound right in.

I came from a Jag XF (new shape) to the ZS and love it! It felt very similar in dash console design and seating, also not that far off in quality either. As for the driver seat I feel its a little soft on the bottom cushion but well used to it now and has been comfy for some of my 400 mile round trips.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom