Do I have to enable something in order to get other cars/humans/bikes to show up on my screen?

GameZone

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 Trophy LR
I see from other videos that these objects appears on the "road" next to the speed on the screen in front of you. Mine doesn't do this.

Is that in all circumstances ?

Just a thought but I think I've noticed in mine that if I have ACC on, all the object will disappear if I overide the ACC speed by going a bit faster (but keeping ACC on). So for example if I set it at 50mph through roadworks and then accelerated up to 70mph (keeping ACC on at 50mph) there would be no objects.

I haven't played around a lot to test and I may be wrong, but the rest of the time I do see objects.

Is that in all circumstances ?

Just a thought but I think I've noticed in mine that if I have ACC on, all the object will disappear if I overide the ACC speed by going a bit faster (but keeping ACC on). So for example if I set it at 50mph through roadworks and then accelerated up to 70mph (keeping ACC on at 50mph) there would be no objects.

I haven't played around a lot to test and I may be wrong, but the rest of the time I do see objects.
I don't know. Do ACC have to be enabled for these objects to show up? At least when I turn the car on they don't appear. ACC isn't enabled by default when I start the car, and it also doesn't remember ACC when I power off the car and start it again. I have to activate it in MG pilot every time, so I don't use it.

If you don't see the objects without ACC on once driving, it would need further investigation. Start with a good clean of the radar square in the middle of the front grille/bumper. I guess if your ACC is working properly and slowing down automatically when approaching slower cars by itself, then the radar must be detecting and working OK, and there must be a glitch with your car.

If you don't see the objects without ACC on once driving, it would need further investigation. Start with a good clean of the radar square in the middle of the front grille/bumper. I guess if your ACC is working properly and slowing down automatically when approaching slower cars by itself, then the radar must be detecting and working OK, and there must be a glitch with your car.

But is the car suppose to remember ACC from MG pilot? I know it doesn't remember settings like LKA. Also the speed sign recognition symbol is also completely random on my car. It shows up maybe 30% of the time i start my car. 70% it has to be turned on in MG pilot.

If the steering wheel button does'nt activate ACC than check the setting in the infotainment screen (if you want ACC on) !

If the steering wheel button does'nt activate ACC than check the setting in the infotainment screen (if you want ACC on) !
The ACC will activate trough the button, but I have to turn it from OFF to ACC in MG PILOT every time I start the car

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 507 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 86 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back