Do I have to enable something in order to get other cars/humans/bikes to show up on my screen?

Ah, maybe different default setup to UK. My MG Pilot seems to default to ACC on
But my sign recognition is completely random. Sometimes it's on by default, other times it's not. But I'm not sure what they should actually software update to make it stable.

I don't know. Do ACC have to be enabled for these objects to show up? At least when I turn the car on they don't appear. ACC isn't enabled by default when I start the car, and it also doesn't remember ACC when I power off the car and start it again. I have to activate it in MG pilot every time, so I don't use it.
Just press the steering wheel button on the left side of buttons. That activates the ACC for me. Yes, I see different pics depending on what's in front of the car, such as cars, trucks, pedestrians and bicycles/motorbikes. But sometimes it confuses people as motorbikes or cars 🤣

Maybe it’s just the Australia spec but it’s always on for me.
Seems to be able to show cars (small boxes), trucks (big boxes) and bikes/people (thin lines)

Does it even matter what cars, trucks or bikes are shown on the screen? Its a completely useless feature that rarely works and has no actual purpose and takes up space on the dash screen.
You have a nice big window in your car and that shows real life in actual definition and if you have functioning eyes you can see exactly what is in front of you.

My thoughts exactly, only, given that it's there, I want it to do something.

The only time it does anything much is when it changes the colours of the cars in front to tell you which one it's following and whether the car that just cut in front of you is too close.

And as you say, you can see all that happening anyway.

Manufacturers need to stop adding bullshit gimmicks and focus on genuine and helpful features.

I've had my MG4 for a year now and I've grown to like the car over this time but the tech in the car is laughable because it's mostly shit

The auto headlights turn on if a bird flies over the car and the auto high beams regularly don't dip for trucks.
The auto wipers are OK but don't work as well as other cars
The lane keep assist should be considered criminal because it's so appalling that it's dangerous.
I don't use a single feature on the car because of how bad most of them work

My wife now has a nissan leaf and although the car doesn't drive as well as the MG, all the tech a d features work beautifully.
So if nissan can do it why can't mg??

I agree the feature is pretty pointless. I can SEE what's in front of me. Now if it showed what was in my blind spot or behind me that would be useful :D

I'd like the 360 camera to be active at all speeds so I could see behind easily. I can't see any technical or safety reason why that couldn't be enabled.

The wipers are not automatic, i.e rain sensitive. You can set them to intermittent and also the delay per wipe. Once that is done the faster you go the shorter the delay will be.

I reckon it is a good feature.

I have had several cars with rain sensing wipers. They were all crap. They either come on after 10 drops have appeared on the windscreen and then leave a big smear and possibly scratch the glass if there is some grit there, or there is a decent downpour and they fail to operate at all.

The wipers are not automatic, i.e rain sensitive. You can set them to intermittent and also the delay per wipe. Once that is done the faster you go the shorter the delay will be.

I reckon it is a good feature.

I have had several cars with rain sensing wipers. They were all crap. They either come on after 10 drops have appeared on the windscreen and then leave a big smear and possibly scratch the glass if there is some grit there, or there is a decent downpour and they fail to operate at all.
Dont like the auto wipers at all. On frozen mornings they have a nasty habit of activating whilst the wipers are frozen to the windscreen :(. Grrrrr

They are speed sensitive. Faster you go the faster the wipers go and visa versa.
like i said, mine must not be working properly as they randomly speed up and slow down and its not related to my speed.
Due to them being so random at times i just assumed they were automatic.

Surely you all agree that the auto headlights and LKA are shockingly bad.

I thought my latest software update fixed the LKA , but its just as bad as ever and a complete death trap

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 507 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 86 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back