Do we get AA breakdown with the MG4?

Don't all MG's come with AA cover for a year which gets renewed for another year after a service?
Yep, it's on the site where the cover details plus the T's & C's can be downloaded: Roadside Assistance | My MG

I would just check the cover gets validated ⬇️

Just a heads up.... Bought my 1 year old Excite PHEV last year... I was away on holiday and inadvertently locked my keys in the boot (i had them in my coat and put it in the boot) :cry: The car was locked and the boot would not open... 😵 YEP I KNOW... dumb right!! Phoned the AA but they didn't have my car registered 🤷‍♂️ Now it seems they do have lock picking kits and it would have been covered... so there would have been a solution. But that's all a mute point. Without options on the table I paid a family friend £200 to drive me all the way home n back over night to get my spare from home... (400 mile round) trip Problem solved ouch!

Could have been worse I guess if we didn't know anyone who could do that for us...

Just rang my dealership and sure enough, seems someone a the dealership hadn't registered the service when I picked up my car, seems its not automatic. So its possible this could happen to someone else.

They have registered it now. I'm hoping the appropriate manager might offer me something of a complimentary service which is due soon as a way of turning things around... I have asked the question. Will let you know what the response is when I get it.

I've now taken to keeping the little key part in my wallet, in the hope i never do it again... another lesson learn't

But the upshot is CHECK YOUR AA COVER HAS BEEN VALIDATED EACH TIME YOUR CAR IS SERVICED . A quick call to the AA is all it takes.

....and if you're going on a trip, take your spare keys with you.
Agreed. Give them to your partener. It'll also save them keep asking you to unlock the car because they've left their bag, glasses, sweets, ect. in it

Yep, it's on the site where the cover details plus the T's & C's can be downloaded: Roadside Assistance | My MG

I would just check the cover gets validated ⬇️
I have seen that as well when doing research.

This is another item to add to my checklist, its not good if you can lock keys in car, our 8 yr old Yeti & 7 yr old Superb have keyless entry / start and you cannot lock the car if the keys are inside .

I wonder if the MG4 Trophy model, auto unlocks/locks on arrival/departure if one uses bluetooth phone instead of the remote keyfob in pocket, as this is a specific feature of the Trophy model?

I wonder if the MG4 Trophy model, auto unlocks/locks on arrival/departure if one uses bluetooth phone instead of the remote keyfob in pocket, as this is a specific feature of the Trophy model?
Not sure it doesn't seem to work for me. I have enabled it but doesn't seem to work.... and if it did it seems you have to open the app for it to connect and then you press a button to unlock the car and start the engine.

Manual states doors autolock/unlock at 10mph.

Be interested to know if the car locks if you have opened the hatch only using the key fob... Yes, I did this with my golf last year🥴unlocked the hatch only left key on boot floor, closed hatch, car locked with key inside. I was fuming🤬

I've always preferred the RAC

Last edited:
Not sure it doesn't seem to work for me. I have enabled it but doesn't seem to work.... and if it did it seems you have to open the app for it to connect and then you press a button to unlock the car and start the engine.
That's a shame - wonder why the
  • Mobile Phone Bluetooth Key
on the Trophy model is even mentioned as additional spec over the SE in that case!

That's a shame - wonder why the
  • Mobile Phone Bluetooth Key
on the Trophy model is even mentioned as additional spec over the SE in that case!
I guess its the ability to open an app, connect wireless Leyland via Bluetooth and start the engine... although I've not manages to get it working yet, it just says failed... I'll have to try again today.

But shame you have to open the app and do all of that, if its pouring down with rain I don't want to stand there whilst I open and connect an app

You won’t be able to start the engine until you fill it up with petrol. If the app isn’t working, try using the crank on the front of the car instead. If that doesn’t work, the spark plugs might need cleaning… 😉

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 530 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 90 13.5%
  • No

Votes: 49 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back