Do you flash other mg4s?

dando

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 XPOWER
I have just got one and got flashed by a nice lady a couple of days ago. I mean with lights nothing naughty sadly.

Is this a thing? Do others do this? I used to ride a motorbike and some nod and some don't. Is it like that?

As I mentioned in the spotted thread yesterday, I got flashed (ooh matron) for the first time. I did wave back but it was all rather hurried, as I wasnt expecting it! So will have to be a bit more observant in future.

Here we do just lift the fingers of the right hand off the wheel, sort of a half wave. On my rural road it’s to everyone include pedestrians (often neighbours), then in the less rural areas to early risers <7am or people with the same brand of car (Landrover or MG in my case), then in the city (the big smoke) only as a “thank you” to people who let you in to traffic.

The same gesture can mean “after you” depending on context. Note this can be also be done ironically when dealing with people who have clearly just got their license in their morning cereal.

I have just got one and got flashed by a nice lady a couple of days ago. I mean with lights nothing naughty sadly.

Is this a thing? Do others do this? I used to ride a motorbike and some nod and some don't. Is it like that?
I saw a gentleman with the same make and colour, so pulled over and told him I liked his car, we had a brief convo about how she runs etc, and he generously said if I need air in my tyres or had any questions come to the workshop, that was where he worked, being friendly does pay off some times…

Since I Converted, the old game of "Spotto" I learned as a child has revolved and evolved from a yellow Beetle..... Even on my daily drive to work and back.
A gentle wave out of the window or the raise of either hand or fingers from the wheel will always raise the spirits of any daily driver city or country.
On our roads, flashing oncoming traffic is an alert to beware.
Hand gestures, on the other hand, pardon th pun..............go both ways, depending on presentation and cannot be misinterpereted across any language.

If I ever saw one, I would....
common as muck around here...

we did have a Honda e before; seeing another was cue to emergency stop, cross the carriageway, embrace like Armageddon is tomorrow, get yer flask and buns out and have a good chinwag on the hard shoulder.

It happens round here quite a lot, there are quite a few in my neighbour hood. Also, when on holiday in Kinloch Rannoch, pulled in to charge up and another joined me! We were both heading for the cafe there, so we were able to compare notes.

Attachments

• IMG_3355.jpeg
    IMG_3355.jpeg
    633.9 KB · Views: 44
During our festive tour du Midlands we noticed that they are even more common (as muck) up there than they are in our locale; so much so that they are begining to
clog up the public charger network (displacing Tesla's, lol!)😆

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 498 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 84 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 46 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel