Do you use AC in winter?

But having the AC on all the time forces the front vents to open making them pointless. They are just extra weight and complexity that is never used for its intended purpose. Many EVs now have active vents, I see most of them closed unless it is really warm. MGs are open all the time by default, they only close when you are parked!

I think you mean the Evaporator :unsure:
Possibly, I always get those two mixed up.
homer-doh.jpg

But having the AC on all the time forces the front vents to open making them pointless. They are just extra weight and complexity that is never used for its intended purpose. Many EVs now have active vents, I see most of them closed unless it is really warm. MGs are open all the time by default, they only close when you are parked!
The SE SR grills are permanently open anyway. 🤷‍♂️ (As in, it doesn't have any grill covers).

Which leads to a question ... has any SE SR owner ever considered fitting (removable) grill covers for use during winter? (To try and minimise cold air flow over the battery). Anyone found anything suitable?

On my Trophy only the passenger side grill opens with AC on, are they supposed to work separately or is mine broken ?

Is that the case even when the HVAC is on ECO?
I've not tried it on ECO, just with the AC on normal. I'll check it out tomorrow with ECO on.

I've not tried it on ECO, just with the AC on normal. I'll check it out tomorrow with ECO on.
Tried ECO HVAC mode, no difference, still only one side open.
Also tried ECO and Sport driving modes, the same.
TBH, I can't think of any reason for only one side to be open so I think it's probably disconnected or broken.

Tried ECO HVAC mode, no difference, still only one side open.
Also tried ECO and Sport driving modes, the same.
TBH, I can't think of any reason for only one side to be open so I think it's probably disconnected or broken.

Both of mine open when HVAC on eco

It’s 38°C today and AC pumping on every drive and at home.
wish I could send u some warm weather.

Last edited by a moderator:

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 508 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 86 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums