"Do you want to bind the car now?"

Rolfe

Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE SR
I've left the car on a rapid charger, and I thought I'd see how fast it was charging. But when opened the app it didn't connect to the car, and when I tapped on "Charging Management" that's the message I got. I can select "bind now" or "later". If I choose "later", it just bounces me back to the menu. If I choose "bind now" I get my camera view with a square marked out, and "Align QR code within the frame to scan".

What QR code? The dealer bound the car to the phone and it's worked since then. Any idea what I do now?

Reboot your phone. After you've finished charging, unlock, unplug then lock your car again. Then unlock and drive it home/destination. Then lock again.

Then check the app again ... it might just be a hiccup with the car's connection to MG's servers.

Trying that now. I have to go stop the charge by 24 minutes past three anyway.

THANKS! Just rebooting the phone did it.

ETA: By the time I got it fixed it was too late to see what its peak charging voltage was from 30% - it was already well over 80% and had dropped down to about 25 Kw. Maybe next time.

Car now in garage finishing off on the granny charger, from 88% to 100% estimated to be done before seven. It's just come on heavy rain though - I just missed it. I suspect I'll give up this malarkey when the weather is really bad. In any case, as of today my domestic electricity is now marginally cheaper than that charger - by a fraction of a penny!

Last edited:

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 535 79.4%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 90 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 49 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel