Does anyone use an Easee One home charger?

Anf800

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Finally got my Easee charger installed so no more granny charger at home. It's working very well except that when I connect the car to the charger, it starts to charge immediately even though the car is scheduled to charger over night.

I've managed to avoid the issue by scheduling charging on the Easee rather than the car but I've never experienced this before. In fact it's been the opposite, if the car is scheduled to charge over night and I plug in at work, I have to manually start the charge from the app or the car.

Just seen a similar post in the MG4 section but there doesn't seem to be a solution offered.

Have you checked it is actually charging straight away, not just setting itself up for later? My dumb Rolec clicks on immediately then back off about a minute later.

Very interested on what you think of this charger, Easee one seems to be a good one for installers, but also with the charger linked to their server it gets new software installed.
My current one is Project EV pro earth, confusing machine and I would say the software app wise is not the best.
Had it 2 years now but quite recent had a few red lights showing when the charging stopped overnight so very little next morning in the car battery.

Well I’ve had no issues with it other than it wanting to charge straight away. I’ve solved that by using a timer in the charger and removing the timer from the car.

I had an issue where the device reported over voltage and went into a standby mode (for a couple of hours). I rang the installer, who rang the manufacturer, who was able to tweak the acceptable tolerances and solved the problem. In all that took about 10 mins.

Very pleased with it, and it’s discreet as the cable on mine isn’t tethered which please Mrs A.

Well I’ve had no issues with it other than it wanting to charge straight away. I’ve solved that by using a timer in the charger and removing the timer from the car.

I had an issue where the device reported over voltage and went into a standby mode (for a couple of hours). I rang the installer, who rang the manufacturer, who was able to tweak the acceptable tolerances and solved the problem. In all that took about 10 mins.

Very pleased with it, and it’s discreet as the cable on mine isn’t tethered which please Mrs A.
I also used your method of control regarding the car except when using the granny charger.
Was that over voltage from the machine or the incoming etc, my current one is set at 32 amps, but getting constant red lights on it since last week only.

It was the incoming supply to the charger. There are allowable tolerances, I think up to 253v?? Either way the manufacturer said that they have logs every 15 mins and didn’t see anything over voltage so it must have been small. They adjusted things and no problem since.

It was the incoming supply to the charger. There are allowable tolerances, I think up to 253v?? Either way the manufacturer said that they have logs every 15 mins and didn’t see anything over voltage so it must have been small. They adjusted things and no problem since.
That’s good to hear they listen to your complaints and get them sorted if need be.
Thank you for answering my question.

I had the same issue and solved it with your suggestion. Thanks

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom