Does anyones HVAC via the app on MG4 still work? Mine always fails after update

Do you mean an update of the car software? if so it could be you now need to accept the terms and conditions for ismart within the car main screen (think its the icon below the car binding icon from memory) there is a Privacy tab at the bottom of Settings, tick both options to accept and should work again.

Mine failed to work for the first time, at 9am this morning just when I needed it most on the frostiest day we've had so far. It's working now (11.30am).:(

I find you need to make sure that the app has scanned the car OK first - if it doesn't then it's asleep and won't respond to HVAC (or other) commands.
That's what mine wouldn't do this morning. Previous times I've always had to scan the car twice as it never connects the first time but this morning I tried it several times and no joy. I got in the car and put the demister on and it cleared all the frost in about 3 minutes, that would have taken 10 minutes or more in the 2016 Prius I had previously.

No issues for me. Just put the AC on and warmed the ‘wrong’ seat for wife, who is finishing a yoga session some miles away. Cold weather = HVAC!

Do you mean an update of the car software? if so it could be you now need to accept the terms and conditions for ismart within the car main screen (think its the icon below the car binding icon from memory) there is a Privacy tab at the bottom of Settings, tick both options to accept and should work again.
Yes car software and all are accepted with the invisible scrollbar to the bottom of the screen

Mine does say this though after clicking update software

20231123_090111.jpg

when trying to start HVAC from the iPhone app this morning I get this failure screen - last time I used it was yesterday - any clues?
I'd consider deleting the app and all it's stored data then reinstalling. A clean install rather than updates patched over patches might resolve the issue. You might have to re bind your phone so don't try unless your comfortable with the process but you've got nothing to lose really

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 501 79.4%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 84 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 46 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back