Does snow mode in Xpower use AWD?

Just a side note..................
I noticed again today on my favourite screen (Energy Consumption) that when in Normal or Eco (which is 2WD) when you pull away from a stop, exiting a junction for example, then you get AWD for a short time.

I never noticed it when pulling away from a stop,when the wheels were "dead ahead"

Anyone else noticed this?

20230925_083808.jpg

I’m going to get a passenger to record this energy flow in a video while I drive in different modes (slow and fast acceleration and around bends 🤣). I’ve found it a bit difficult to see the blue lines/arrows while driving !

I had a slight rear wriggle in normal mode when gunning out of a roundabout onto a dual carriageway in the wet 😅

The car has got torque vectoring and electronic differentials so surely it will engage the front motor whenever conditions demand it.
Yes, but I'm not sure it does this very well yet (i.e. seamlessly) in ECO and Normal Mode. A lot of reviews have commnented on this "uncertain" feeling while accelerating out of bends. Even Carwow commented in the rolling road acceleration test against the M2 that there was a slight delay (like kickdown) in Normal mode. He then switched to Sport Mode and all seemed fine.

Yes, but I'm not sure it does this very well yet (i.e. seamlessly) in ECO and Normal Mode. A lot of reviews have commnented on this "uncertain" feeling while accelerating out of bends. Even Carwow commented in the rolling road acceleration test against the M2 that there was a slight delay (like kickdown) in Normal mode. He then switched to Sport Mode and all seemed fine.
Brand new platform, will take them a while to tune it well, just like everyone else does.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom