Door dings from careless door opener people?

Not sure if this really shows up. It was raining.

Attachments

• 20240131_150630.jpg
    20240131_150630.jpg
    390.9 KB · Views: 48
Excellent video.
Somebody keyed SWMBO's MG5 and it's £300 per panel with Chips Away, I have the paint in the touch up kit so I might give this a go.
I know it said for light scratches but the worst bit isn't too deep even though it's broken through to the undercoat so it's worth a try.
Just remember, you have to use cellulose paint for this.

Never thought of it that way! He's a monster. My cat is called Jormungand, so there's a certain symmetry.

It was the only name left from The Tempest.

Never thought of it that way! He's a monster. My cat is called Jormungand, so there's a certain symmetry.

It was the only name left from The Tempest.
I love your cats name!
Mines called "Norris Mc Norris"
Always makes me laugh anyway!

I will admit to not being at all familiar with the works of Shakespeare.
I blame my rubbish inner city education.

But if you need anybody 'Rubbed Out'
Get in touch.

👍🤣

I've explained it before, but I'll do it again anyway.

My first car was a 1985 1.1L Fiesta. Somewhere around Draffan, on the way home from Hertfordshire late at night, I was so impressed by how well she drove compared to various other bangers I'd done that drive in that she became Miranda - she who is worthy to be admired.

My second car was also a Fiesta, a 1993 XR2. Obviously he was a boy because he was a boy racer, and he had to be Ferdinand to match Miranda.

My third car was a 1998 Peugeot 306 GTi6 and became Ariel, following on the Tempest theme.

My fourth car was a 2009 Golf GTi Mk6, who really did look very prosperous, even expensive, and of course he was Prospero. I remarked at some point that I was running out of names and it looked very much as if Prospero's successor would have to be Caliban.

When I picked up my MG4 my dealer downloaded iSmart for me and bound my phone to the car. He asked me the car's name. In a moment of euphoria and what-the-hell, I said "Caliban". And there it is, it's his name on iSmart.

The only certain way to not get door dings in a supermarket car park is to leave the car at home and go on the bus. 😉

I'm pretty sure the MG touch up kit I have is solvent based, it smells like it anyway.
If you can not clean out the brush with water, it solvent based.
If the brush 🧹 cleans out with car paint thinners, it’s likely to be solvent cellulose based.
Nail varnish remover is a weak solution of paint thinner.

The only certain way to not get door dings in a supermarket car park is to leave the car at home and go on the bus. 😉

But it is a massive arse m8, carrying six bags of shopping back on the bus!🤣

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 531 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 90 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 49 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel