Doorlocks with a life of their own

jimporter

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
I have a problem with my doorlocks on my MG5 Excite. When I have been for a drive and park up and switch off, the passenger doors stay locked but the drivers door and tailgate are unlocked. When I lock the car using the key remote, the drivers door locks and the passenger doors unlock - when the rear doors are opened, the alarm goes off but all the passenger doors are left unlocked. Does anyone have any idea what is going on as MG so far don't!

Check all the doors are closed correctly, failing that it will need taking in to check over.

Does it do the same with the internal lock button on the door ?

It is being checked by the local MG place but they are getting nowhere - I'll try that internal lock button with the window open and all the doors shut. Fingers crossed it turns out really simple

I have just been offered a ZS EV as a courtesy car, so I think that is good of them and I can compare the 2. Range vs toys
Don't, you'll never go back. :LOL:
Just kidding, I don't use most of the extra toys on mine anyway. ;)

I have just been offered a ZS EV as a courtesy car, so I think that is good of them and I can compare the 2. Range vs toys
Don't, you'll never go back. :LOL:
Just kidding, I don't use most of the extra toys on mine anyway. ;)
Already the difference is noticeable - MG5 acceleration is better, ZS cruise control is fidgety but the adaptive cruise is useful. (Comparing MG5 Excite with ZS Exclusive). Ergonomically, the ZS wins. Everything else so far seems even

Already the difference is noticeable - MG5 acceleration is better, ZS cruise control is fidgety but the adaptive cruise is useful. (Comparing MG5 Excite with ZS Exclusive). Ergonomically, the ZS wins. Everything else so far seems even
👍

Hi Jim,
Did the garage manage to fix your door locking problem - if so - did they tell you how?

Yes I also noticed that SWMBO's MG5 is nippier than the ZS, so much so that having it in ECO makes for a smoother drive, the brakes seem a bit keener too.

I was wondering if there was some secret way of changing locking modes from all doors to driver's door etc. On some cars a combination of key presses does it, like pressing lock and unlock together changed it on my old Prius.

Hi Jim,
Did the garage manage to fix your door locking problem - if so - did they tell you how?
No fix yet - it's not something they have come across before.
I was wondering if there was some secret way of changing locking modes from all doors to driver's door etc. On some cars a combination of key presses does it, like pressing lock and unlock together changed it on my old Prius.
I thought that myself but the Excite doesn't seem to have much in the way of software. I'm staying out of it and letting the garage go through it (with MG telling them what to do)

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom