Down under you get bigger Wheels and Batteries 77kwh

Reaction score
Driving
MG5
According to this report from the Electric Viking in Australia the MG4 comes with far more choices including bigger wheels and one with. 77KWH battery and it’s cheaper by some way, but most importantly listen to what he has to say about the dealers almost at the end around 14:35 into the video.
Les

I've not watched the video (yet) ... does the stated pricing include sales tax (equivalent to our VAT)? I don't think it does, so the pricing is actually a lot closer to UK pricing.

The price includes our equivalent of VAT (GST), but not dealer delivery or stamp duty, those are dealer and state specific. Here in WA, I'm expecting the drive away price to be at least $3500 higher. Note that our mid-spec option (64kWh Essence) is actually closer to the UK top trophy spec though.

Having driven some of Australia, I can see why they’d skip straight to extended range. If I remember right we thought we’d take the scenic road, after the first day we realised it was going to take 7 days to drive from Sydney to Canberra so we decided to take the highway instead and did it in 3.

The Excite model is the equivalent to the UK's SE but with the larger 64kWh battery
The Essence is the same as the UK's Trophy but with 18 inch wheels
The Long Range is the same as the Essence but with a 77kWh battery.
All the colours plus a silver seem to be available across the range.

So in Oz they'll be getting:

SE LR
Trophy LR (with 18" wheels)
Trophy ER (Extended Range with 18" wheels)

:)

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 518 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 89 13.6%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.2%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel