Driving from to Scotland from London

We stayed just outside London in Premier Inn Slough West - Trading Estate. We stayed there over night to go to Lego land next day morning and back to Lincoln.

Parking was free as was a charger just outside hotel main entrance. Bit slow averaged 4kwh but charged us from 30% at 10pm to 100%at 8am
Thanks mate! We often stay at the Travelodge at Excel but no charger as upset! Might try Novotel next time as I believe they have one although it is not on Zap-Map yet. Quite a few chargers missing off it, I find.

After an all day drive around Mull and finding we had nearly an hour to wait for the ferry, we plugged up to the CCS unit opposite the pier behind the convenient conveniences. I was going to have a top up to about 60% but before I knew it we had almost 90% and nobody else waiting.
The ferry “Isle of Mull” swept serenely up to the ramp, we rolled onboard in majestic silent convoy with a few other green stripe vehicles and set off for Oban. The cafeteria supplied a freshly made mac’n cheese for my CPWMBO and an absolutely delicious chicken curry with fresh rice for me.
So we had nothing to do at eight fifteen pm when we rolled off the ramp but thread together all the wonderful, deserted, twisting hundred miles home. There were two guys walking a dog in Taynuilt and a couple of tankers from Grangemouth trailing Dino juice for those remaining poor chuggers that persist in using it to get around 😉. Other than that the road was ours 👌
If anyone’s been following our raving roving tales over these last few days here’s a picture of the dash
EE2C69F3-F8E5-4C07-9939-7519BFBD6799.jpeg
“accumulated” display. It was reset the day before we set off.
Some of you good people out there delight, amaze and bewilder us with wonderful records and spreadsheets itemising your journeys and provide fascinating facts and figures and we applaud you for that.
We’ve just sought out the slowest, narrowest wee backroads and the most obscure out of the way cafés and believe me we discovered quite a few 👌.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom