Dropping like a stone

Aberdeen ULEZ zone starts June 2024.
Basically any diesel built after 2016 is fine, as is any petrol built after 2006.
Doesn’t stop locals moaning about ‘having to buy new cars’ and ‘not wanting an EV’
God forbid they actually check the damn rules.
I think its 2005. My 2005 June Boxster is compliant

Aberdeen ULEZ zone starts June 2024.
Basically any diesel built after 2016 is fine, as is any petrol built after 2006.
Doesn’t stop locals moaning about ‘having to buy new cars’ and ‘not wanting an EV’
God forbid they actually check the damn rules.
They have released an emissions checker for Scotland so you can check if you are compliant or not Vehicle Checker

ULEZ checker for London is Check your Vehicle

As ULEZ and Glasgows LEZ are following the same parameters Euro 4 petrol Euro 6 diesel I think it's safe to assume any other zones introduced around the country will be the same so the checkers will work for anybody

I find it hard to believe anyone is talking about depreciation when it comes to any car. They're the worst things for spending cash on. Either pcp or lease. You pay for using the car. I've just sold my ST fiesta and got a se long range, I'm not looking at loss, depreciation. I'm looking at daily running costs. From my calculations,,,happy days.

The new list price was 26k why pay 6k over the price?
In what world was the new list price 26k? Excluding VAT it might have been 26k! 😂

The SE SR was £25,985 when first released including VAT
I think he was replying to the quote he highlighted that the poster stated he had got an SE lr and the £26k

To be fair that’s been pretty normal for the last 20 years it’s only the last couple that have scewed the reality. Once supply picks up again, which is happen already this will very much happen. Prices will not stay high if you can’t walk into a dealer and get one.

Given there are no options on the MG it’s even worse

I knew it because I looked at BYD Atto3 just out of curiosity, they already offering £3000 deposit contributions. Signs is that there are plenty of stocks or declining market?

you will not loose £12000 a year on your trouphy will you as after 3 years it will be a minus figure. No £30000 ev will consistently loose a £ 1000 a month. Yes it may have lost £1000 one month but it’s a blip and he’s panicking. I was in the motor trade for 40 years in sales so I have a good idea on the subject.
Truth is we do not know.
Do we have similar discussions over house prices and those who still have mortgages?
We all (well most of us) buy our MGs to use and enjoy. So let’s get on and do that 😀

We all know that generally, the only people who make money on cars, is the people selling them and not the people who are buying them.
Generally they are a loss making venture, we all know this of course and they are going to cost you money, it’s a given !.
I think the fact is that you have just have to accept this reality.
What happened about 12 months ago regarding stupid crazy values, is not likely to been seen again in my mind.
Cars are going to depreciate in value what ever you do.
Somehow you have to be just able to off set the loss against the use, or it’s like burning cash on the fire.
A two to three year old car that served you well and covered a decent amount of mileage is a good example.
On the other hand we have a similar car of the same age, that has only covered a very small mileage.
It is going to return a slightly better return value at trade in time, agreed.
But that small difference in value between both cars is insurmountable given the usage offered to the owner in the first example.
I have tended these days, to disregard the milage building up on my cars anymore.
Now we are retired, we use the car at every opportunity and use it for the purpose they were intended and just enjoy it.
Of course we are able to cover more miles as we have more spare time and the running costs of the EV by charging from home is still affordable to us.
Over the years gone by, I have lost count just how many cars I have part exchanged with much less than average mileage recorded.
So, I have learnt ( maybe a little too late in life ) to stop offering up dealers a very easy resale opportunity anymore.
The only way I would consider part exchanging my car early these days, was if it was unreliable and spending more time in the garage, than on the move !.
My late farther once offered up some great advice when it came to cars.
“When you start spending more time working on them, than driving them, it’s time to get shut”.
Wise words indeed 🤣.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 529 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 90 13.5%
  • No

Votes: 49 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel