eCall-SOS Emergency Assistance not available see handbook.

Mr H

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
On my 22 ZS LR EV to which we have had 3 months with no issues but in the last couple of weeks Ive been getting getting a message eCall-SOS Emergency Assistance not available see handbook. It pops up randomly most days then goes off not an issue but irritating. Nothing in the handbook as to speak apart from that it relies on cellular coverage and may be affected by signal outages or low signal strength. I just wonder if anybody else has had issues and Im hoping its a signal issue in our area and it sorts out in a few days.

Last edited:
It will show that error message if it goes out of range of all 4 network providers so can not call emergency services if in a crash. As this is very uncommon to happen, the car thinks they may be a problem and throws a error until it gets a signal again. I've had happen once in a signal dead spot, and it shortly went away.

Looking like Im going to have to take it to the dealers it is getting more frequent :cautious:

Ours did that as well on occation.

When our car was smashed into it did not call emergency services at first, i guess because the car felt the doors open and the seat occupant sensors told the car it was being vacated.

When later at night i reconnected the power to the battery (Emergency services had disconnected the 12V battery as a standard measure) to get power to open the boot to empty the car, it did however activate and call emergency services, to whom i had to apologize for the car calling for help, when no help was needed.

Booked in at MG Burnley Monday hopefully they will get it sorted as it is now happening 4-5 times on each journey now :confused:

On my 22 ZS LR EV to which we have had 3 months with no issues but in the last couple of weeks Ive been getting getting a message eCall-SOS Emergency Assistance not available see handbook. It pops up randomly most days then goes off not an issue but irritating. Nothing in the handbook as to speak apart from that it relies on cellular coverage and may be affected by signal outages or low signal strength. I just wonder if anybody else has had issues and Im hoping its a signal issue in our area and it sorts out in a few days.
I get that at random intervals. In my case it's definitely signal related as it appears at the same time as my WiFi Internet box that I have in the car for the kids also drops out. Living where I do, it's not a total surprise. Just hope I never need it while I'm in a dead zone!

So the car went in to the dealership a week or so ago and they could not find any reason why it was doing it so they have sent all the info to MG and will give me a call when MG get back to them. But I my have found the issue causing the alerts. I had my sat nav plugged in to the usb and it has been in for a couple of months no issue but the day I picked the car up from the dealers last week I noticed it wasn't working properly the screen had frozen and it won't record so it's gone in the bin. The sat nav battery hasn't been working for a couple of years so just relying on the power from the car so I wonder if it's been on it's way out for a couple of weeks which has been causing the alert issues via the USB as that's right next to the SOS unit. Hence I haven't had one single issue with the Ecall or SOS alerts coming up since.

I had that happen to me 2 days back. Weird because I was in the city and there is no way its a dead spot. Hasn't happened after that so I'm guessing it was a glitch

I’ve got a HS PHEV Exclusive and a few days ago it called emergency services (sos) for no reason at all did it three times in the space of 10 minutes they weren’t happy at the other end not done it since

Have had the eSOS system on my car ZS EV trophy mk2 tell me it’s not available twice now quite recently too. Can’t see any apparent reason for it should I be worried?

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom