electric tail gate item from aliexpress

ianbyerley

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 Trophy LR
I have bought an electric tail gate item for my MG4 from Aliexpress and I'm wondering if anyone has a set of instructions please?

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, have seen it thanks but it is not really detailed enough for me.
I cant seem to find an auto electrician who wants to fit it.
I messaged the person who sold it to me and he did not reply, so I guess I will have to try and fit it.
Thanks for your concern....

Yes, have seen it thanks but it is not really detailed enough for me.
I cant seem to find an auto electrician who wants to fit it.
I messaged the person who sold it to me and he did not reply, so I guess I will have to try and fit it.
Thanks for your concern....
Hi. I managed to install it on my MG4. It was an almighty ball ache and took a couple of goes (test fitting and running wires, etc). The hardest bit is getting the wiring through the car into the tailgate through the rubber. Absolute nightmare.

I've attached a copy of the instructions I had but it may vary slightly from your kit. I didn't bother with the boot release button at the front car.

Attachments

• MULAN Installation Manual.zip
    4.9 MB · Views: 283
Last edited:
Hi. I managed to install it on my MG4. It was an almighty ball ache and took a couple of goes (test fitting and running wires, etc). The hardest bit is getting the wiring through the car into the tailgate through the rubber. Absolute nightmare.

I've attached a copy of the instructions I had but it may vary slightly from your kit. I didn't bother with the boot release button at the front car.
thanks for that and i have found an installer since reading your account of installing same...
and also found manufacturers install through qr code on the control box.
thanks again my arthritis would have caned if i tried to install it. cheers ian...

Hi cbowen. I too was looking for a good e-manual to install this in my MG4 and bumped onto your post over here.
Any idea where to connect the (in your manual) yellow cable 13 (central control wire, to unlock signal wire )

Thanks in advance

Hi cbowen. I too was looking for a good e-manual to install this in my MG4 and bumped onto your post over here.
Any idea where to connect the (in your manual) yellow cable 13 (central control wire, to unlock signal wire )

Thanks in advance
Sorry it's taken a few days to respond. If I remember correctly, the yellow wire on mine is the unlock wire and has to be connected to the wires for the tailgate latch. If you take the tailgate trim off, there's 2 wires that run to the boot release switch. Attach the yellow wire to one of these 2 (ones signal and the other ground). Try both and one will be correct but you want the signal wire.

It's the way the kit knows the boot has been opened.

Last edited:
Thanks for your reply cbowen.

Actually, I've got a slighty different kit than yours.
Anyway, all is installed and all cable-looms are connected, almost all is working, but I can't open the trunk using the front button. Closing does work.
I've got 3 loose wires:

a loose brown wire coming fromt the front button
a long loose green wire coming from the tailgate ECU
a loose red wire coming from the rear button, which is labeled in Chinese. Google translate says : 'Handsignal to tailgate'

Anyone with any info, pictures and or ideas... help is highly appreciated.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom