Emergency charger release?

AB71

Established Member
Reaction score
Did you know that a long press on power on the key fob remote does this if it’s stuck?
If this is incorrect admin please delete.

There's a mechanical release, accessible through the boot.

1695889527293.png

Did you know that a long press on power on the key fob remote does this if it’s stuck?
If this is incorrect admin please delete.
My fob doesn't have a "power" button ??? :unsure:

Given the OP doesn't yet have an MG4 (according to their profile) ............ 🤷‍♂️
And what has that to do with anything at all!
Ok I’ll go and I’ll come back when I’ve got one.
I found out about the fob watching a yOu Tube video thought I’d share it .
Won’t bother again.

Insulting towards others (mild)
My fob doesn't have a "power" button ??? :unsure:
i expect it’s the open or power button 🤷‍♀️
I didn’t realise you couldn’t post unless you were a current owner.
So I won’t post again until I’m a current owner in accordance with current guidelines from anyone on here.

Last edited:
And what has that to do with anything at all!
Ok I’ll go and I’ll come back when I’ve got one.
I found out about the fob watching a yOu Tube video thought I’d share it .
Won’t bother again.
I was replying to @Kithmo ... as you don't (yet) have an MG4 then reference to a Power button has no relevance (unless you'd actually posted the video you later mentioned - why didn't you?)

I saw it on this on FB actually.
Why have I received a warning about my inappropriate behaviour in this conversation? Seriously? Not sent to wrong person no?
Insulting towards other ?
Seriously?

I’ve attached the pic so you can look for yourselves .

Attachments

• IMG_1419.jpeg
    IMG_1419.jpeg
    316 KB · Views: 88
So here’s where I got it from was driving from work earlier.
As for why didn’t I post it earlier and the feel free to post video comment what- did you think I was making things up lol 🤷‍♀️
If I offended anybody, which I obviously did , by calling them a clown then I apologise if I hurt your feelings.
Edit before I get jumped on again- I’ve watched so many things about the MG4 I naturally assumed it was YT I’d seen this as rarely go on FB so excuse me saying it was on YT and not on FB.
That’s genuinely it from me now until I’m deemed worthy enough to be on this forum with an MG key. 😆 👍

Attachments

• IMG_1420.jpeg
    IMG_1420.jpeg
    160.8 KB · Views: 85
Last edited:
Seriously? Unbelievable
I suspect it was because of the way you'd originally ended your previous reply (which differs from how it currently reads - I presume the orignal is the version you've quoted).

Edit: for forum flow, the post I referred to no longer exists. (Or has been otherwise edited).

Last edited:
The unlock option to release the locked cable is very interesting. It would be nice to know what marque vehicle was referred to. Was it the Gridserve (sic) helpline who suggested the option, I wonder and, not casting any aspersions, it might have allowed them to reset their charger.

Such a solution would have helped the car owner at my local Tesco PodPoint who had to leave their type 2 cable (3phase) plugged into the charger because it was locked in. I was tempted to plug it into my car to see if I could release it, but thought better of it.

I have a little flat head screwdriver in the boot pocket next to it, to use when needed. A smallish key will also work.

I tried a nail file but I couldn't get it to move. I'll need to find a screwdriver like that and put it in the boot just in case.

It was my first away from home charge on a Gridserve at Southwaite, and I was all alone. I panicked slightly, but then thought about it more rationally and persuaded the charger to release the car by initiating a new charge then cancelling. I think I'd been so slow due to inexperience that the charger thought it had a new customer!

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 516 79.1%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 89 13.7%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.2%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back