Emergency spare wheel

Just a heads up to anyone who has the small spare wheel, had a puncture in the rear tyre, it was a rip on the side of the tyre so the gum inflator would not have been able to repair it, I fitted the emergency tyre and noticed it states on the tyre to inflate to 60 psi, luckily I had an inflator in the boot, mines had been sitting waiting to be used at 20 psi so had to inflate a further 40psi, if you have an emergency tyre, I suggest you check what the psi is could save you an issue as they are unstable enough without being under inflated.
Now that’s interesting, I also had a puncture in my ZS EV that to was a rip in the side wall

Inside or outside I ask as vauxhall/saab use to have a problem with springs snapping and the bit that broke off ended up cutting the inside wall of tyre at the time people said that Chinese steel for you but it was probably down to the state of the roads

Inside or outside I ask as vauxhall/saab use to have a problem with springs snapping and the bit that broke off ended up cutting the inside wall of tyre at the time people said that Chinese steel for you but it was probably down to the state of the roads
This has also been a problem on some french cars, i seem to remember that someone i knew, had his car recalled for this problem.

They changed the spring, and fitted a "cup" in the lower end of the spring, so that if the spring "sprung" the cup would catch it.

My brother in law had a Toyota Avensis, that did the same, luckily for him at low speeds.

Q: fixing a tyre puncture using the on-board kit, eg, see

Apparently, the kit uses the lighter socket & 'needs the key in the vehicle & the ignition set to accessories to make it work'. What is 'set to accessories'? I assume this might be also the same as (say) waiting in the car listening to the radio, being able to use the windows and or aircon? Haven't seen this one before but perhaps should scour the manual further.

Screenshot_20220520_010303.jpg

Mine switches off after 10 minutes in accessory mode to preserve the 12v.
I would put it in ready mode so it doesn't switch off part way through pumping the tyre up.

Accessory mode would be pushing the dash button without your foot on the brake, wakes the car up without starting it, same as turning the key one click in an ICE

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom