engine bay cover

As you undo them (lefty loosey) they rise out of the clip. I found on a couple of mine I had to hold the edge to stop the whole thing rotating. It's like the old push pin types but a lot easier to work with. Not the best photo, but should be able to see how they work.

This isn't a vertical position to unlatch type retainer. The screw goes down the middle and expands it so it can't pull out.

Screenshot_20220331-185850_Gallery.jpg

As you undo them (lefty loosey) they rise out of the clip. I found on a couple of mine I had to hold the edge to stop the whole thing rotating. It's like the old push pin types but a lot easier to work with. Not the best photo, but should be able to see how they work.

This isn't a vertical position to unlatch type retainer. The screw goes down the middle and expands it so it can't pull out.

View attachment 7688
Many thanks for the info 👍

Will a quarter of an inch flat blade do it?
They are wide but thin slots in the screwheads. They are only plastic and screw into a plastic 'rawlplug' type thing which also comes out with it. They take no effort in turning.
Easiest option is to open the bonnet and see.

Hi
The easiest way is to un-screw them about 3/4 of the way out then pull them gently
This should pull the lower part of the rivet out
😃👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

Take a note or a photo before you remove them :)
they're crappy plastic push in pretend screws, they come out easy if you unscrew them then pull out the little washers, remove them all then pull up the big plastic lid. There's a massive amount of wasted space under there!

I did a funky 3d Lidar of it with it removed -

they're crappy plastic push in pretend screws, they come out easy if you unscrew them then pull out the little washers, remove them all then pull up the big plastic lid. There's a massive amount of wasted space under there!

Wow like that never seen one of those before thanks for sharing
Les

Last edited:

Wow, that is cool! Thanks for sharing your work :)

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom