EO Mini Pro charging profile

gonzoB

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
I have an EO Mini Pro. When I charge my ZS the main charge is finished in 4 hours or so (depending on how flat it was), but the "equalisation" process (I assume that's what it is) takes another 4-5 hours. It draws about one amp for that period. Is this normal?

Gonzo

I have an EO Mini Pro. When I charge my ZS the main charge is finished in 4 hours or so (depending on how flat it was), but the "equalisation" process (I assume that's what it is) takes another 4-5 hours. It draws about one amp for that period. Is this normal?

Gonzo
Yes, the length of time will depend on how unbalanced the cells are, this time will reduce with regular balancing.
You can unplug if you need to use the car whilst it is balancing with no harm done.

Here's a graph of the tail end of a charging profile
typical-balancing-profile.png

This shows the power usage of my house. At midnight the EV was charging at around 6kW, and at around 1am it got to full charge. It then went into balancing mode, consuming something like 400w for the next 5 hours. Then at 6am it decided it had finished.

This profile is typical. It has this long balancing tail every time I charge it. I assume it's normal.

Gonzo

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom