• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

Equalisation

Merlin

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
Hello, I see that zs drivers can tell when their batteries have been balanced by the lights on the mg badge. Please can anyone tell me how you know when it's done on the mg5? Cheers!

The car lies: it says '100% Finished' while still charging. I can monitor it via my Zappi's app. There is no obvious indication from the car itself.

I don't have home charging so I had to monitor my charging more than if I just had to plug it in over night.

The dash initially gave me a time until 100% charged. When it hit 100% it still said 100% but the time to completed jumped forward three hours. After a short while that was brought down to just over 20 minutes. After which charging was complete.

So I'm pretty sure you can tell from the dash.

I have a Podpoint wall charger which shows blue on standby and green when charging. I have read on the ZS Forum something about when equalisation is complete the wallcharger goes into standby with the blue light showing. Could this be the way of telling that equalsation has completed on the MG5?

If you have a smart meter monitor at home, you should see the charging rate drop from 7 kWh down to 3 kWh at around 97% then a lower figure for equalisation, 0.3 kWh IIRC.

I have a Podpoint wall charger which shows blue on standby and green when charging. I have read on the ZS Forum something about when equalisation is complete the wallcharger goes into standby with the blue light showing. Could this be the way of telling that equalsation has completed on the MG5?
On my dumb Rolec unit the wall box light will stay on GREEN until the charge / balance is complete.
When complete, the car will send a signal to the wall box to put it back into the READY status, which is the BLUE light.

What no illuminated MG grille badge? That’s terrible! 🤪

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom