EV Battery information plain and simple.

Wow many thanks I am sure mine hasn’t but like you I will double check tomorrow also pissing it down here also, but I am always open to learning.
So that’s 3 things we have in common then kids who live around the same area plus MG5 trophy facelifted model and it’s pissing it down LOL.
Yeh I know Bugsy way very well and have plug in there many times on a free podpoint near Primark.

Looking at your screen shots you’re correct it does state 3phase charging is possible maybe I’ve been sold a pup.
Screen shot of Uk spec sheet that I have
But you know what this is going down the same vein as the other MG cars you see when the face lifted 5 first came out Pat in France of pats tech & wheels he did some testing on it for us and a podcast a few times and he said his car in France came with the 11kw charger but Miles Robert’s was certain the the UK would not have that and he like me would have seen the specs sheets for the UK version and he was quite right it says single phase 7kw which is in fact 6.6kw so why did I say the same vein well my wife’s MG4 SE should not have the tinted windows but it does in the first batch of MG4 the SE had the wrong glass fitted and there where a few other things also that was not right San me with the ZS models they where not quite not what the spec sheets said so you are very probably right about your car
LesView attachment 19222
Lol nothing like a cheeky free charge while Primark shopping.

Here is a rather wet picture of my charge port.

Attachments

• IMG_3967.jpeg
    IMG_3967.jpeg
    711.9 KB · Views: 59
Hi Simorgan42 not primark normally, M&S or Asda across the road.
You know what I have been trying all day to get a round to saying thank you for the photo but have never stop today anyhow yeh you port looks the same as mine and I hope it is
There a picture of mine below

So next week at some point my son is coming home for a few days and im pretty his Tesla model Y has 3 phase capability so should have a suitable cable which I will borrow and try my MG5 on a 22kw charge point I certain there a couple at my local Tesco there is Six there two 7kw one 50 kw and two which are upto 22kw if my memory serves me well but thanks again and I will let you know how I get on next week travelling
Down to Amersham tomorrow for a few days
IMG_5851.jpeg

Last edited:
Hi again Simorgan quick update about charging MG5 Trophy or facelifted model
Well I checked my car out with a 3 phase cable and lo and behold your dead right and I stand corrected but I as I said earlier somewhere I’m always open to learning I am.
So I thank you for that information and good news is my son had two cables which are 3 phase only ever has one in his car Tesla Model Y so main using Tesla SC so I explained to him the extra weight of carrying that 3 phase cable about that he doesn’t use could reduce his acceleration to half a second it now in my boot
Thanks again
Les
IMG_5872.png

Hi again Simorgan quick update about charging MG5 Trophy or facelifted model
Well I checked my car out with a 3 phase cable and lo and behold your dead right and I stand corrected but I as I said earlier somewhere I’m always open to learning I am.
So I thank you for that information and good news is my son had two cables which are 3 phase only ever has one in his car Tesla Model Y so main using Tesla SC so I explained to him the extra weight of carrying that 3 phase cable about that he doesn’t use could reduce his acceleration to half a second it now in my boot
Thanks again
Les
View attachment 19385
Thanks for the update. :)

That's the great thing about these forums we all learning some new every day. As mentioned my original cable was the MG one which was not 3 phase. I only discovered this from reading on here :)

LOL I like the "HEAVY" cable in the car affecting acceleration persuasion approach to getting the spare cable.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom