EV driver blocking charging bay

Do not under any circumstances let the air out of tyres although it would be satisfying. This is criminal damage and if you are observed/caught would you really want a criminal record just because someone else is parking like and idiot?
Legally it may not be criminal damage to remove air from tyres, if..a notification placed in a prominent position stating 'Do not move or drive vehicle, tyres are deflated'. (And a photo taken). It is the act of damage being inflicted which constitutes criminal damage. As the owner/driver has been informed not to move the vehicle then it becomes the drivers choice to cause damage to occur. At the time of the removal of air in the tyres no damage has occured.

In the same way clamping a vehicle is not criminal damage as long as a prominent notification is placed on the vehicle to warn the owner not to drive the vehicle. So perhaps just clamping and leaving a notice is the way to go. Clamps are available for as little as £24, a one off purchase, lock and leave.

Last edited:
Love this but wife just advised it could be criminal damage if it's very sticky. She knows about law stuff and generally spoils all my fun.😠🤦‍♂️ Just slap them on quickly and use gloves, no finger prints, balaclava or hoodie for cameras 😁🦸‍♀️
they are just paper that you can fold under wipers :)

I fully understand no exhaust on an electric vehicle but as I have witnessed on many occasions ice cars also selfishly park in charging bays when others are not available. So the advice given regarding the potato would under those circumstances be criminal damage. So sorry for trying to give advice that may prevent someone being prosecuted in future I will keep my thoughts to myself.
I think you may have misunderstood the nature of the conversation (or I did).
It was just a bit of banter - I don't know what else to call it, harmless verbal jesting. :unsure:

I think you may have misunderstood the nature of the conversation (or I did).
It was just a bit of banter - I don't know what else to call it, harmless verbal jesting. :unsure:
It may well have been banter and thank you for your observation, unfortunately I suffer with clinical depression and anxiety brought in by bullying which makes me somewhat vulnerable to banter and ir misunderstanding it I also has PTSD. I think going forward it will be better for me to just browse the site and refrain from making any comments 👍

It may well have been banter and thank you for your observation, unfortunately I suffer with clinical depression and anxiety brought in by bullying which makes me somewhat vulnerable to banter and ir misunderstanding it I also has PTSD. I think going forward it will be better for me to just browse the site and refrain from making any comments 👍

Don't feel admonished and please continue contributing to the site! We all have differences of opinions and different ways of interpreting posts, but this place is very friendly and welcoming :)

Yes - stick with it if you can. You’ll always get banter on social media. This is a good forum overall with some nice members. Everyone has a filter but we’re all different. 🙂🙂🙂

Venting frustration here is healthy - but before anyone takes any real life physical action against those blocking an EV charging bays - please be careful. There are some folks out there who aren't particularly friendly and may not take too kindly to such actions.

Stay safe and don't become yet another statistic of road rage.

Stay with us, you have made some good and interesting points in your postings.

Here is a bit of "Cheeky Charge" that may give you a bit of a laugh for today folks !.
Go for it team #TeamBlue :ROFLMAO: !.
More cheek, than a sumo's arse ! :eek:.
Check out the SIZE of the printing on the road that clearly states "Charging For Buses Only".

Last edited:
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom