Ev Emergency braking

Mine would warn, and could hear brakes priming when going round sharpish right hand bend with cars parked on the nearside. This is actually my street and travelling quite slowly as the parked cars turn it into a single carriageway.
I wonder what would have happened if I was travelling faster, much faster? Would it have AEB'd

Last edited:
What is the item that you can reduce the sensitivity, and where do you find it in the info system ?

Definitely something wrong there, the car shouldn't be braking on a bend. I'm pretty sure mine lets go of the AEB when I turn the wheel.
If you have your car on ACC the car wi brake going into a bend and it can be a bit severe, it recognises

So this afternoon driving in London side streets the car activated the AEB and brought the car to a sudden stop. Scenario was.....

Doing less than 20 mph, nothing on the (straight) road in front, no cyclists, no pedestrians, no bollards (which have all caused brake priming in the past) but quite a windy day. Fortunately, nothing behind me either.

Wife was in passenger seat so I was lucky enough to have a witness to my faultless driving (phew). We could only conclude that the wind must have blown some leaves (or similar) across the front of the car and this is what it reacted to, braking and stopping suddenly. It was very alarming, and, had a car been behind us we could easily have been hit (unless he had AEB on too!)

My concern, when I start driving again in bad weather, is do i want brakes being applied hard in slippery conditions? An earlier post said what happens in the wet so in ice it could be a disaster. I haven’t found a way to turn AEB off, it seems to come on again when next started. Am I doing it wrong?

I believe default is ON and you have to turn it OFF in settings every time you start the car.

Hi merry Xmas, I have an update on my car, the did it again and nearly caused another crash so back to the garage it went, the had it for 8 weeks and when I got it back they said it was due to day light / sun light and gave me 2 pages from the owners manual. This was unacceptable so contacted my lawyer and the end result is full refund for the car and I have ordered a Hyundai Kona electric ultimate that will be ready for collection in march. Even the 2022 model has the same issue as reported by YouTube channels who have reviewed the car. I was advised to unplug the radar that’s low down in the front bumper to completely disable the emergency braking system. So I will never have an MG again.

Hi merry Xmas, I have an update on my car, the did it again and nearly caused another crash so back to the garage it went, the had it for 8 weeks and when I got it back they said it was due to day light / sun light and gave me 2 pages from the owners manual. This was unacceptable so contacted my lawyer and the end result is full refund for the car and I have ordered a Hyundai Kona electric ultimate that will be ready for collection in march. Even the 2022 model has the same issue as reported by YouTube channels who have reviewed the car. I was advised to unplug the radar that’s low down in the front bumper to completely disable the emergency braking system. So I will never have an MG again.
No one can blame you for rejecting the car after your experiences. Hope your new car works out well for you.

Hi merry Xmas, I have an update on my car, ttheydid it again and nearly caused another crash so back to the garage it went, they had it for 8 weeks and when I got it back they said it was due to daylight/sunlight and gave me 2 pages from the owners manual. This was unacceptable so contacted my lawyer and the result is a full refund for the car and I have ordered a Hyundai Kona electric ultimate that will be ready for collection in March. Even the 2022 model has the same issue as reported by YouTube channels that have reviewed the car. I was advised to unplug the radar that’s low down in the front bumper to completely disable the emergency braking system. So I will never have an MG again.
Hi, I always find it strange that it only affects so many cars, if that's the case then it has to be a faulty part, so why don't they just replace the parts associated with that particular issue, it has to be in their interests to do this surely, 8 weeks is not an acceptable timescale for any problem with any make of car.

I take it you took the Kona for an extended test drive and it didn't do it ?
Hi, I always find it strange that it only affects so many cars, if that's the case then it has to be a faulty part, so why don't they just replace the parts associated with that particular issue, it has to be in their interests to do this surely, 8 weeks is not an acceptable timescale for any problem with any make of car.
Could be the driver. :sneaky:

I take it you took the Kona for an extended test drive and it didn't do it ?

Could be the driver. :sneaky:
Wish it was the driver (me) at fault then I could drive the car differently, so my dad has same car same spec and we collected them new on the same day, he has never had this issue and when my dad went on holiday I used his car for 2 weeks without issue and my dad has never had an issue with his. I think mine is way to sensitive on it’s default setting but I’m now changing in every time I start the car that just unreasonable for a brand new car.

If anything changes or I have another update I will post it here.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom