I really don't want this to take over my life! My installer said, with a twinkle in his eye, it's really fun, it will take over your life, and I said I have other things I want to take over my life. He said he could set it all up automated but he always offered to do that and nobody ever took him up on it so he thought it must be really easy to do.

I expect Octopus to make money, I just couldn't see where they were doing it, and wondered if there was an elephant trap somewhere. My installer estimates my PV panels will generate more over the summer than I consume all year, so we'll see how that plays out.

I really don't want this to take over my life! My installer said, with a twinkle in his eye, it's really fun, it will take over your life, and I said I have other things I want to take over my life. He said he could set it all up automated but he always offered to do that and nobody ever took him up on it so he thought it must be really easy to do.

I expect Octopus to make money, I just couldn't see where they were doing it, and wondered if there was an elephant trap somewhere. My installer estimates my PV panels will generate more over the summer than I consume all year, so we'll see how that plays out.
I think Gary does solar had a video about a guy who built an automation service for people's batteries. I couldn't find it after a quick search and it is far too late for me to keep looking for it, but I'm sure I didn't imagine it.

Hi Folks,

Picking up on this thread.

I am overpaying on my Flexible Octopus at 13.22p night rate.

I have ZS's. A MK I and MK II. Rolec Wallpod Charger managed through an EV energy app. No Solar Panels. No Battery.

I have been pointed towards E.on Next Drive v3. Interesting it has only got one mention This is the one I am thinking of moving to.

Also been suggested I should get a referral code. Anyone can help with this?

I have been pointed towards E.on Next Drive v3. Interesting it has only got one mention This is the one I am thinking of moving to.

Also been suggested I should get a referral code. Anyone can help with this?

I'm definitely looking at E.on - seems to be the best value for 3-pin with 7 hours overnight ... if you see how it works for referral codes and we both get some credit - great !

I need a few more days to make sure that's the one for me

Switch to us today, get your exclusive referral link from your online account, then share it with your friends. Every time you recommend a friend that joins us, you’ll both earn £50 - ka-ching! T&Cs apply.

I have ordered an MG4 xpower a few weeks ago. I am with Eon and will be switching to their EV tariff V.3.

Here is their referral link

Sharing energy is rewarding.
Thanks, I will most likely use it as they seem to be the best value for 3-pin chargers at the moment ...

There is a same scheme with British Gas with £75 each, so if anyone wants to switch to BG, let me know ..

Well I’ve just applied for the electric driver v7 on BG despite old one v4 running to Oct. It’s down just over 2p (28 to 26p) day rate vs old and from 9.4 to 7.9 on 12-5. Standing charge is up nearly 6p but with the high use of this house (20kwh/day without charging) it still makes sense.

Well I’ve just applied for the electric driver v7 on BG despite old one v4 running to Oct. It’s down just over 2p (28 to 26p) day rate vs old and from 9.4 to 7.9 on 12-5. Standing charge is up nearly 6p but with the high use of this house (20kwh/day without charging) it still makes sense
Thanks for update, I'll have a look, still fishing around for best tariffs for 3-pin chargers... Looks like we are in the same boat, I'm using so much that EV is peanuts compared to winter use especially ...

Thanks for update, I'll have a look, still fishing around for best tariffs for 3-pin chargers... Looks like we are in the same boat, I'm using so much that EV is peanuts compared to winter use especially ...
If I had the opportunity to switch I would give REAL consideration to the EON one (the 7 hours would be great) but there have been a fair few reports of issues with EON and billing / meter rate switching. After having sorted BG I can’t cope with it again - nearly 3 months, approx 8 hours on the phone, 3 smart meters despite being an existing customer with a smart meter!

I use a 7kw charger not supported by intelligent tariffs so 5 hours gives around 66% charge. The 7 of EON would just about be a full charge in the SE. The above prices on BG are better than octopus non intelligent GO for me plus it’s 5 hours not 4.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom