Excessive condensation charging in cold weather

HwanMartyr

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE LR
Last night I put my car on charge on the drive outside.

When I unplugged it and got in this morning at 5:30am the front window had small but visible water droplets and the rear window was covered in larger drops. The front cleared after running the AC on full, but the rear didn't clear properly throughout my 1hr 20min journey.

I had to wipe down the rear window with a microfiber cloth to dry it out once I got to work.

I've noticed once or twice some light condensation when charging but nothing like this.

Anyone else seen this happen?

Have you checked the footwells and boot floor / underwell for damp areas (i.e. a leak) ? A few have had wet boot floors recently.

Have you checked the footwells and boot floor / underwell for damp areas (i.e. a leak) ? A few have had wet boot floors recently.
I checked under the floor mats and under the boot lid where the tools are and as far as I can tell, it's bone dry. Is the boot floor deeper than where the tools and stuff are situated?

Well that’s good news 👍🏻. I guess you need to try the steps in the other thread.

Well that’s good news 👍🏻. I guess you need to try the steps in the other thread.

Thanks for linking this, I usually come to this forum via Google searches and this one didn't show up.

Thanks for linking this, I usually come to this forum via Google searches and this one didn't show up.
Also how long have you had the car? There is a lot of moisture that accumulates from shipping, standing at the docks and at the dealers which will take some time evaporate.

Also how long have you had the car? There is a lot of moisture that accumulates from shipping, standing at the docks and at the dealers which will take some time evaporate.
Had it just under 2 months. In that time it rained nearly every day until the temperature plummeted so I've never really had chance to open the windows and air it out. I was away for a week and when I drove yesterday it felt like it was the first time I'd ever driven it in dry conditions!

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 522 79.1%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 90 13.6%
  • No

Votes: 48 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back