Family reaction to the new car

Really free rapid chargers??
I have a CYC Rapid near me that is free via Polar RFID for some odd reason? Otherwise it is high connection fee and cost/kWh for other users plus 60 minute limit. I never used it because of the advertised high cost but then found out Polar never charge me?

I think the Passat is slightly taller in the rear and bigger overall. Plus for some reason the 5 lacks front fog lights.
A much better comparison is to the Astra Estate. Not only are they almost exactly the same size (Passat is much bigger) but the MG actually shares a common GM chassis.

Yep, i'm in yorkshire so not sure where you are based but if you check on here and see if there is one near you ENGIE Chargepoint Network they're all free till the end of this year I believe

Yorkshire eigh?

Isn't there that local charging station company based up there? I think they are called E by Gum

I think you could say the same about most cars today, especially SUVs .......or so my wife says.
That's what I thought. Most cars out there you could find one that looks the same. My i40 estate I've just sold looked identical to a Ford estate.

My son-in-law pitched up with the grandkids a day or so after I'd picked up the new car.

The oldest grandkid got out. His dad pointed him gently towards where I was standing near the MG. He'd primed the lad for something. It was transparently obvious.

With a big grin all across his face the 9 year old walked over, looked at the car, back to me and said "can I have a bottle of milk please"

He'll be lucky to make 10 with that cheek.

Fluff

My other car is a milk float
Take for a ride and pop it in sport mode....floor it, say nothing and see what happens!

Hi folks - once the Covid restrictions are relaxed, feel free to pop up to Scotland where the Scottish Government has additional grants (Scottish residents get an extra £300 towards a 7kw home charger, on top of the OLEV's £350 grant) but it also means there are a lot of free public rapid chargers around the country.

Unfortunately, the amount of free chargers are reducing - quite a few of the chargers I used to go to are now fee paying, but there are still free one's out there and you can access them using the Chargeplace Scotland app, although paying £20 for an RFID Card will make the charging authorisation process a lot quicker and easier!

Cheers

Bloggsy

Don't encourage others to clog up the Chargeplace Scotland network.....I need my chargers to be available!!
😆😆 Hopefully, with the Government's 'greener' energy policy and the forthcoming deadline of stopping sales of cars with petrol and diesel engines, new chargers will be installed over the next few years - at least, visitors from England will pass through the Borders before they get to me! 😉

Cheers

Bloggsy

Used fossil fuel cars will increase br around 25% in 2029 as only 4% of the population will be able to afford an ev.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom