Family reaction to the new car

Used fossil fuel cars will increase br around 25% in 2029 as only 4% of the population will be able to afford an ev.
Well its over 4% right now and prices will be by far cheaper in 8 years time. From jjst last year to this sales have risen tenfold. MG for example.

There will be far less petrol stations as we know it and no one will want to buy an old clapped out petrol car, same as how diesel cars have fell dramatically in recent years.

People who own petrol will be frowned upon and it will become a very negative thing to own one and tax will become so high that the government will force you to have one qnd will be far cheaper to own an EV. China already are making ones for 5k each over there, we will soon have them also. Gone are the days of big mechanical polluting engines.

That's good news, I will buy your old fossil fuel cars, fill a warehouse with them and make a fortune.

That's all very well, but what about the poor s*d who can only afford £300 - £400 for a banger?

Used fossil fuel cars will increase br around 25% in 2029 as only 4% of the population will be able to afford an ev.
But apparently my MG5 will only be worth £500 by then...

I love evs when they work as they should.
I owned an mg zs
I currently run a Renault kangoo ev, a Hyundai kona ev and have on order a mustang mach e.
I love eva I also had 2 nissan leafs.

I love evs when they work as they should.
I owned an mg zs
I currently run a Renault kangoo ev, a Hyundai kona ev and have on order a mustang mach e.
I love eva I also had 2 nissan leafs.
I’m afraid that you wouldn’t think so from the comments that you make. I understand that you’ve had a bad experience with your MG and changed cars but you have to appreciate that owners on here don’t want to hear constant negative comments - most still love their cars myself included.

I find you offensive,
I'm being honest in my reviews and if you think only complementary comments should be posted on this forum then you are misleading the good people who use this site for open and honest advice. Nearly every comment on here is complaining about range or bms. I really liked my zs but wasnt prepared to ho through the pain of countless charging balancing.
At least I'm honest and not misleading. Which category do you fall into ?

I'm confused Glyn. Why are you so negative towards electric cars, you're on an electric car forum?
I'm confused, what negative comments are you looking at, I'm saying ice cars will go up in value as evs are expensive, dont you agree ?
I own 3 eva.

Am I missing something here?

By 2030 they'll be quite a few ~10year old EVs for sale, that will be worth peanuts, just like 10year old ICE cars are now.
Surely given the costs to run an ICE vs an EV, very few people in 10 years time would opt to buy a £500 ICE car vs £500 EV car.

I would expect the used price of ICE cars in the next 5-10 years to fall dramatically, in order to get people to buy them over an old EV.

The only issue I can see is if the batteries in old EVs are really badly degraded making them almost unusable.
I think though they'll be plenty of battery refurbishment businesses around by then.

I find you offensive,
I'm being honest in my reviews and if you think only complementary comments should be posted on this forum then you are misleading the good people who use this site for open and honest advice. Nearly every comment on here is complaining about range or bms. I really liked my zs but wasnt prepared to ho through the pain of countless charging balancing.
At least I'm honest and not misleading. Which category do you fall into

I'm confused, what negative comments are you looking at, I'm saying ice cars will go up in value as evs are expensive, dont you agree ?
I own 3 eva.
You're completely negative and now boring to listen to so I'm going to leave it there.

You're misleading people, I'm honest, love evs and tell the truth. I dont listen to people like you with very little knowledge of evs and little common sense.

You're misleading people, I'm honest, love evs and tell the truth. I dont listen to people like you with very little knowledge of evs and little common sense.
You owned a ZS, not an MG5. This is an MG5 post on the MG5 forum. So you are misleading people by talking about how bad your ZS was.

find you offensive,
To quote Christopher Hitchens
What's your point?
It's ridiculous to 'take offense' at the post in question.

At least I'm honest and not misleading. Which category do you fall into ?
You may honestly believe what you are saying, but that doesn't make you right...
I think this is incorrect because you're not taking into account that the cost of batteries will fall significantly in the 2020s and more EVs will be flooding the market in preparation for the ICE sale legislation coming in 2030 (100% ICE) and 2035 (hybrids).
In any case, this makes for an interesting discussion.

I've given you a 1 point warning for this as it's insulting. Congratulations - the first warning given on the forum.

Two positions, here.
The first is that people are, of course, welcome to share their opinions in the forum provided they are not against the forum rules, which includes making statements which could lead to harm to other people. (If anyone tries to say that 5G causes Covid or vaccines are bad will get unceremoniously booted off the forum with my pleasure.)
Bear in mind that if people repeatedly share opinion stated as fact, which is demonstrably wrong, then they are likely to get banned for trolling. (E.g. flat earthers).
Fundamentally, reasoned arguments for and against positions are welcome. They make for good discourse and (hopefully) critical thinking.

On the flip side is that this is a forum of MG EV owners who are going to be, unsurprisingly, disposed to like MG EVs, and therefore repeatedly criticising MG EVs is going to become tiresome and, again, considered trolling.
Trolls get booted.

I hope that most people acknowledge that there is no such thing as a perfect car and there are areas of improvement for all manufacturers including MG.
Bearing that in mind, while repeatedly critical voices are not inherently moderated against on the forum, people should be careful not to cross the line in to trolling.
If you're here just to berate MGs and/or their owners, go do it somewhere else.

Last edited:
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom