Faults after jump starting MG ZS EV

Can you phone the AA again and tell them you cannot drive the car. They should send someone out who can clear the error messages. If that doesnt work they can take the car to the nearest garage where loan car can be provided?
I phoned AA last night and yes, we are planning to send the car to the nearest garage. Just want to ask about the loan car. I did not know anything about this... Do I have to pay for it?

I would have thought that the stored fault codes, would have cleared via the 12 volt disconnect, but clearly not !.
Willing to bet these are all as a result of the 12 volt battery being allowed to drop to low.
The dealer will now have to erase of the present codes unfortunately.
Sounds like the tinting guy had left the car in standby and not the ready mode.
He was not to know, to be fair !.

Last edited:
I would thought that the stored fault codes, would have cleared via the 12 volt disconnect, but clearly not !.
Will to bet these are all as a result of the 12 volt battery being allowed to drop to low.
The dealer will have to erase of the codes unfortunately.
Sounds like the tinting guy had left the car in standby and not the ready mode.
He was not to know, to be fair !.
I was hoping for that as well... But unfortunately, faults are still present..
Yes, and me too, I did not know it. We will just count this as a learning experience for the both of us.

The traction battery should charge the auxiliary battery when in standby if required. Does this not happen if the doors are open?

I phoned AA last night and yes, we are planning to send the car to the nearest garage. Just want to ask about the loan car. I did not know anything about this... Do I have to pay for it?
The AA guy can arrange a loan car for you instantly, for a couple of days I think, and then get you to the closest MG dealer.
You can then go ahead with your weekend plans, while the dealer sorts out your car !.
If the dealer needs extra time, the dealer can contact MG and ask for authority to set up another loan car.

The AA guy can arrange a loan car for you instantly, for a couple of days I think, and then get you to the closest MG dealer.
You can then go ahead with your weekend plans, while the dealer sorts out your car !.
If the dealer needs extra time, the dealer can contact MG and ask for authority to set up another loan car.
Thank you for this. I will send the car tomorrow to the dealer via AA and ask them about loaning a car while my unit is with the dealer. I will give you an update tomorrow. Hopefully, everything goes well. 🤞🤞🤞

The traction battery should charge the auxiliary battery when in standby if required. Does this not happen if the doors are open?
Not 100% sure on the face lift model, but the 12 volt battery is not charged by the traction battery when in standby mode on the original ZSEV model.
I would have expected it to be the same on the facelift model.

Just having the doors open shouldn't flatten the 12v, as the interior lights go off after a few seconds, but leaving the rear hatch open for hours will because the boot light stays on while the hatch is open.

Just having the doors open shouldn't flatten the 12v, as the interior lights go off after a few seconds, but leaving the rear hatch open for hours will because the boot light stays on while the hatch is open.
Honestly, I don't know what happened to my car as I just left it in the shop and just came backnto pick it up. 😔

It was probably left switched on with out ready as there would need to operate the windows so in that case the entertainment screen would be on and fans blowing it will drain that 12v battery very quickly

It was probably left switched on with out ready as there would need to operate the windows so in that case the entertainment screen would be on and fans blowing it will drain that 12v battery very quickly
I absolutely think this is what happened yesterday... Now he knows what to do next time he gets an ev customer.

Isn't this meant to be one of the improvements on the facelift? I thought that in any mode, the 12V gets topped up
There was a discussion about it in summer, with cars parked up for long periods, the car maintained the 12V battery - but that would be with the car off
That would be a bad bug (no suprise!) if the car maintains it's 12v battery in off and ready, but not in standby

Unfortunately it looks like the 12v only charges when in ready mode /charging or using the heating remotely

It's not the lights that are the problem. With the doors open, the car is "awake" and the various ECU's are monitoring and sending to the iSmart server.

I'm confused now, there was definitely a thread over the summer, which went into great detail about how the MK2 maintains it's 12V charge whilst parked up

The pictures that the OP posted showed his 12V battery at 13.8V, though we don't know what it was when the problem occurred, I wonder if we are going down the wrong path assuming it was a 12V problem?

This thread is rang a bell with similar symptoms

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom