First drive

DaveandTeena

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
We collected our new Mg ZS yesterday absolutely love it drove about 70 miles all locally tested a charge point at Lidl in Selby as we haven't a wall charger yet signed up to various apps to find chargers etc struggling to work the android auto probably an age thing but other than that we love it.

I signed up to Instavolt with a referral from here so I would like to add my referral code so we both get a fiver if you use it Thank you

Enter this referral code O1QQB on signup and we will both receive a £5 account credit after your first charge. Click here InstaVolt - Rapid Charging Network UK to install the app and signup today.

Had our ZS EV nearly a month now and we just love it. I must echo your point re Android Auto. I am sure it's not an age thing, more an MG thing as there have been so many owners with the same problems. I have tried all the workarounds, tips and tricks that folk have posted but so far none of the three phones we own will connect (all of them up to date mainstream models with proper data cables). In desperation I have the car booked in with the dealer on Tuesday to see what they can do. I'll let you know how I get on but I have a hunch that there is a fundamental problem with MG's software or infotainment unit.
Thanks for the Instavolt referral, will give it a go as we have a long journey planned later this year.

We collected our new Mg ZS yesterday absolutely love it drove about 70 miles all locally tested a charge point at Lidl in Selby as we haven't a wall charger yet signed up to various apps to find chargers etc struggling to work the android auto probably an age thing but other than that we love it.

I signed up to Instavolt with a referral from here so I would like to add my referral code so we both get a fiver if you use it Thank you

Enter this referral code O1QQB on signup and we will both receive a £5 account credit after your first charge. Click here InstaVolt - Rapid Charging Network UK to install the app and signup today.
Went into my local MG dealer first thing this morning and they say that the Android Auto issue is a known problem and there is a software update to fix. I am booked in on 4th October for this to be done so it maybe worthwhile you checking with your dealer?

Thanks, but I think it was my phone I had a 4 year old Samsung S7 and just bought a Samsung S20FE and seems to be working fine although a little slow at times, we only collected the new car last Wednesday and they assured us that all updates had been done prior to us collecting so will have to see.

I always struggle to get my Xiaomi A2 lite to work with Android Auto on my ZS ev it will work but not all the time have to reconnect a few times so I bought a second hand google Pixel 2 just for the car and it works perfect no problems , unfortunately it does seem that the car does not like certain phones whether it's the make/model or the operating system I don't know 🙁 , the Pixel 2 is on Android 11 and the Xiaomi Android 10 , I did have the infotainment update done a few weeks ago but it made no difference to the Xiaomi and Android Auto 🙁

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom