OriginalBigAl

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE LR
Picked the car up this morning and travelled the 40 kms back home on mixed driving. Used 22kw per 100km (normal) energy s or around 8.8 kw or 4.5 kms/kw , we live in a hilly area and got stuck behind slow traffic so I probably expected better, but hey time will tell. With the hills we get lots of bends and pushing on a bit I found that the steering is not as accurate as I remember the test drive, its ever so slightly late to react to an input then slightly over reacts meaning taking bends is a little nervy, I guess I,ll get used to it but although the suspension is more planted than the 307 the steering is,nt. Everything else is fine , no errant compressor noises, bonnet pad in place, nice power delivery, electronics seem to be fine, apart from only picking up French radio? No rattles, although the suspension and its noise transfer do not like our unmade gravel / bumpy track. Paintwork seems a little thin on the drivers side doors ( front and rear ) cannot put my finger on it but it just does not seem right, but the fit of panels and generally everything else is very good, apart from a slightly wavy undertray. So all in all pretty happy, with the proviso that all these comments are subject to change.
I imagine Rolfe wants a photo, OK, imagine orange MG4 set against a background of clear blue skies with drooping apricot trees overlooking a bucolic landscape set above a quaint French village with ancient red sandstone towers , framed by oak trees the under croft grazed by sheep of Scottish ancestry tended by Border Collies with Devon grandparents and all under the control of a herd of felines and poultry overseers.

Picked the car up this morning and travelled the 40 kms back home on mixed driving. Used 22kw per 100km (normal) energy s or around 8.8 kw or 4.5 kms/kw , we live in a hilly area and got stuck behind slow traffic so I probably expected better, but hey time will tell. With the hills we get lots of bends and pushing on a bit I found that the steering is not as accurate as I remember the test drive, its ever so slightly late to react to an input then slightly over reacts meaning taking bends is a little nervy, I guess I,ll get used to it but although the suspension is more planted than the 307 the steering is,nt. Everything else is fine , no errant compressor noises, bonnet pad in place, nice power delivery, electronics seem to be fine, apart from only picking up French radio? No rattles, although the suspension and its noise transfer do not like our unmade gravel / bumpy track. Paintwork seems a little thin on the drivers side doors ( front and rear ) cannot put my finger on it but it just does not seem right, but the fit of panels and generally everything else is very good, apart from a slightly wavy undertray. So all in all pretty happy, with the proviso that all these comments are subject to change.
I imagine Rolfe wants a photo, OK, imagine orange MG4 set against a background of clear blue skies with drooping apricot trees overlooking a bucolic landscape set above a quaint French village with ancient red sandstone towers , framed by oak trees the under croft grazed by sheep of Scottish ancestry tended by Border Collies with Devon grandparents and all under the control of a herd of felines and poultry overseers.
Should had got it in red 🤔😉

ps you'll get used to the handling in no time...

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 508 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 86 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back