First long distance drive 😬

SCB86

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
I did my first ever long drive today. 110 mile round trip. Driving with the HVAC, stereo and heated seat on. Temperature was 0-2 degrees. Got back home with 10% battery and 12 miles left.

Did get a bit stressful towards the end when the power was limited and the miles dropped to the teens.

I did stick to 60MPH and it was nearly all motorway speeds - averaged 50MPH. I also drafted large trucks a lot of the motorway journey back. Averaged 3 miles per KW accumulated total according to the car.

Didn’t quite get to here then:
5910638B-AA2C-44E7-AB47-AA7E87A88A65.jpeg

😬😬😬

Sounds near the limit for a sensible journey. Having the aircon on will have reduced your range some too. Do you usually have aircon on in winter during normal driving?

The condensation is interesting. I find that I don’t need the aircon on at all in winter unless I have a car full of people or I’m defrosting. I know others have said about condensation - I’ve personally not had it any more than an ICE car. 🙂

Personally I hardly ever use the air-con, except in mid summer.

In this cold weather, its 3 blips of red heat and similar of air flow, directed at screen and feet......with occasional seat heating.
No condensation and the GOM telling me about 150 miles in Eco mode. Yesterday we did a 45 mile trip and got home with 95 miles in the tank.

The car does live in a garage with the temp about 8 C., perhaps this makes difference .

My settings are very similar to yours

I really don’t 😂

Interesting - thanks. its frustrating enough experiencing what you did but imagine if you have a car full of screaming children! The charging infrastructure really needs sorting out. It’s still so fragmented and unreliable. I counted 12 apps on my phone for charging and location of chargers...

Personally I hardly ever use the air-con, except in mid summer.

In this cold weather, its 3 blips of red heat and similar of air flow, directed at screen and feet......with occasional seat heating.
No condensation and the GOM telling me about 150 miles in Eco mode. Yesterday we did a 45 mile trip and got home with 95 miles in the tank.

The car does live in a garage with the temp about 8 C., perhaps this makes difference .
Me too, that’s the same setting I have now and I do not have a condensation problem unless I’m sitting in the car, but you would get that in any car with the body heat when it cold or raining outside.

Interesting - thanks. its frustrating enough experiencing what you did but imagine if you have a car full of screaming children! The charging infrastructure really needs sorting out. It’s still so fragmented and unreliable. I counted 12 apps on my phone for charging and location of chargers...
100%. Even if I’d just been in the middle of a really long journey it would’ve been hell on Earth.

I’ve got 116 miles round trip tomorrow from Mine to Cambridge and back, let’s see how I get on with my range, but it shouldn’t be an issue with a projected temperature of 13 degrees .....

With the sort of range that you’re used to it should be a walk in the park - sunroof open tomorrow then?

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom