First long distance drive 😬

I've given up trying to work out the machinations of the GOM.
I understand you. That is why it is important to figure out what is realistic driving range for me under certain circumstances. For me 190 km. In winter should be achievable in N mode, 2 blobs of heat and fan. Summer I think will be around 240 km with AC on. GOM is only a number to me. And from my experience with electric cars that is how it works for me, I don't have range anxiety, as long I have my numbers then I can play around with the car when it's needed.
But it is also important to just enjoy your driving without thinking about numbers all the time.

I understand you. That is why it is important to figure out what is realistic driving range for me under certain circumstances. For me 190 km. In winter should be achievable in N mode, 2 blobs of heat and fan. Summer I think will be around 240 km with AC on. GOM is only a number to me. And from my experience with electric cars that is how it works for me, I don't have range anxiety, as long I have my numbers then I can play around with the car when it's needed.
But it is also important to just enjoy your driving without thinking about numbers all the time.
Very true, but it does sometimes help other know what’s achievable and how settings can have an impact on range, I didn’t realise that owners didn’t know how to turn off the heating / cooling system, which could add a few vital miles if your caught short....

So the GOM dropped by 92 miles when you had actually done 64, which proves my theory that ECO mode lies A LOT. 😲
Sorry if this was a reply to my post...my answer is No I think it’s still working my estimated GOM (starting point) on my overall average, which currently sites at 4 miles per KWh, prior to the winter it was if a recall correctly 4.2 or 4.4 miles per KWh.

Sorry if this was a reply to my post...my answer is No I think it’s still working my estimated GOM (starting point) on my overall average, which currently sites at 4 miles per KWh, prior to the winter it was if a recall correctly 4.2 or 4.4 miles per KWh.
On my first run from the heating on figure of 170 I lost about 5 miles from what I recall..

I’ve always found that regardless of what the predicted range tells me the best cross check is what your average m/kwhr is for a particular journey. If you’re generally averaging 3m/kwhr and expect to realistically reach 160miles then I’m afraid it’s not going to happen. If for example your predicted range shows 140miles based on your historic driving and you take a trip that involves use that you would not normally do - for example high speed motorway - then it won’t be accurate. It’s a bit like averaging 50mpg on a 10 gallon tank giving 500miles. That’s fine but obviously if you suddenly drive the car very hard you won’t get anywhere near that. Because my journeys are fairly consistent in terms of speed and the way i drive my predicted range is usually very accurate - in fact it’s much more accurate than other EV’s I’ve had that use a different and completely unrealistic method to show range.

On my first run from the heating on figure of 170 I lost about 5 miles from what I recall..
I like your figures Mark and thanks for the detailed log of your journey today. It gives me great confidence in the GOM as it appears to initially base the range on your accumulated m/kWh but adapts to reality and re-adjusts as your journey progresses using your actual m/kWh.

With your performance today in not so warm conditions I have high hopes in achieving 4m/kWh+ in summer resulting in a realistic range in excess of 170+.

For those of us who cannot travel under current restrictions please keep posting your journey details to compare when we can. Thank you.

I use the GOM merely as an estimate for guidance, to be honest I find the lower it gets the more accurate it gets from my perspective, it’s useful.

I like your figures Mark and thanks for the detailed log of your journey today. It gives me great confidence in the GOM as it appears to initially base the range on your accumulated m/kWh but adapts to reality and re-adjusts as your journey progresses using your actual m/kWh.

With your performance today in not so warm conditions I have high hopes in achieving 4m/kWh+ in summer resulting in a realistic range in excess of 170+.

For those of us who cannot travel under current restrictions please keep posting your journey details to compare when we can. Thank you.
I will vouch that my summer average is in excess of 4 miles per KWh, I just like to challenge myself to try and be the most economical I can be as when my wife gets in the car it all goes out the window, she just wants to get from A to B as quick as possible; she always says can’t you drive a little quicker.

I will vouch that my summer average is in excess of 4 miles per KWh, I just like to challenge myself to try and be the most economical I can be as when my wife gets in the car it all goes out the window, she just wants to get from A to B as quick as possible; she always says can’t you drive a little quicker.
Lol. I know how you feel. I regard my style as analogue i.e. gently increasing and decreasing as predicted by traffic conditions. SWMBO is digital i.e either on or off with hard acceleration or heavy braking and nothing in between.

Lol. I know how you feel. I regard my style as analogue i.e. gently increasing and decreasing as predicted by traffic conditions. SWMBO is digital i.e either on or off with hard acceleration or heavy braking and nothing in between.
Snap....

I love a good SWMBO drop in a conversation 👍🏽

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom