Walks with Enzo

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 Trophy LR
Painless experience....
Set off from home in Buckingham with 99%.
I couldn't find any charges near where I was working or the hotel I was staying in, so planned to stop for a zap & dash at the Shell recharge at Tothill services (about 50miles from home) so should have enough battery to commute round Southampton and get home okay.

Battery level when I stopped at the services was 75% ish so charge rate was only 30-40kW. It took 3 attempts to get the charger to work and had to use my shell card as app wouldn't work, I know from previous stops there the network is a bit flaky on EE even if it shows a 5G signal, added about 10% and carried on.
I found that the hotel I was staying in had some Insta chargers that don't show on zapmap or ABRP, so I could have charged there instead. There was Jag using one of them and that seemed to be charging at 40kW.

Got back home with 27% left. On the way down I drove with the flow of traffic in eco mode and low regen, drove a bit slower on the way home (65ish) and my energy consumption was 3.6 mi/kWh, so happy with that.
I probably could have got there and back on a full charge.

Oh, don't ever stay in the Southampton Ibis budget, it's a s$*&hole, I had to book it through work.....

Last edited by a moderator:

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 511 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 86 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel