First long trip in my MG4 SE LR

kin

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE LR
Hi guys,
Picked up my MG4 last October, anyway I have to drive today from Manchester to Aberystwyth, over 3 hours and 140 miles trip. Charged my car 100%, and it was showing 281 miles range, surprisingly very similar to official figures of 284miles? Obviously I took it with a pinch of salt, so I drove it gingerly on M56 at around 60mph then probably ave 50mph on the A roads down to Aberystwyth, when I arrived at the destination, I’ve only used 44% charge and it ave 4.8miles/kWh, needless to say I was well chuffed! I could have drove it all the way back to Manchester on a single charge!
IMG_2963.jpeg

I didn’t do it obviously as I wanted to try the Tesla supercharger on my MG, it went upto 126kw that was at 55% SOC, it went down to 25kw at 90%.

Now that I could trust my MG range estimate, on my way back to Manchester, my driving was let’s say much less restrained, and on the motorway, I was mostly on middle and the third lane, a little more aggressive, it was still averaging 4.4miles/kWh

IMG_2965.jpeg

Sorry for rambling, I just didn’t think it’s possible it’ll achieve over 4miles/kWh with mostly high speed driving.

What’s your consumption?

Last edited:

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 523 79.1%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 90 13.6%
  • No

Votes: 48 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums